Forums Latest Members
  1. Rolycoaster Jan 2, 2018

Happy New Year OF members. If I could kindly request the benefit of your vast experience(s).

This Seamaster is featuring in an up coming auction and whilst it might not be to everyone's taste I like it and I think Mrs Rolycoaster would love it. She doesn't have an Omega yet.

109114-12.jpg
    However, there are issues.
    • Movement is not currently functioning.
    • Movement has scratches, marks and tarnishing commensurate with general wear visible when viewed under a 4x loupe.
    • Dial appears to be in an average condition with some light marks and scratches when viewed under a 4x loupe.
    • Hands show noticeable marks and tarnishing.
    • Glass has noticeable scratches and marks.
    • Case shows scratches, marks and dints.

So my questions are:
    General opinions on the watch?
    Is there any way of guessing why the watch might not be working (even as someone with very limited experience I realise this may be a bit of a stupid question but perhaps there are common problems?)
    and what might be the service cost, say from Omega themselves?

TIA

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 2, 2018

That's like saying "My car doesn't run - can someone tell me why?" The answer could range from "it's out of fuel" to "the engine is seized."

This is a Speedmaster reduced, so if you look at the Omega web site in whatever country you are in, under the service section it should list current pricing for chronograph servicing. The reality is that Omega will most likely replace the movement with a rebuilt one, and send the one in this watch off to the factory to be rebuilt and put in someone else's watch somewhere in the world.

Cheers, Al

dan7800 likes this.
  3. Rolycoaster Jan 2, 2018

Thanks Al, I realise the first question was dumb but didn't know how to get to the second one without it. That's exactly the type of answer I was hoping for though, much appreciated.

4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jan 2, 2018

Also an Omega service will include new hands,new crystal and a case polish. Dial would be extra, lots extra I bet if it’s mother of pearl. Your picture looks like a painted dial though.

5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 2, 2018

Look on ebay... these can be found quite easily if you have a bit if time on your hands, pointless bidding against others to then have 1,000,000% added on top in auction fees etc.

Take yer pick...Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

PLUS...

Back up of eBay and PP if its a pile of shite! Good luck returning that after the auction!