What can you tell me about this watch

I found an Omega Non-magnetic wind up watch at a thrift store. The serial number is 10000973 and the case is 2175. I love it and just had it cleaned and reworked because it was only holding a wind for about 12 hours. It now holds the wind for almost three days. I am not sure if it is military or pre railroad.
Thanks.

Were you able to open the case back? Pictures of inside of case back and movement would help greatly.

Were you able to open the case back? Pictures of inside of case back and movement would help greatly.
I saw the movement but didn’t snap a pic. It was beautiful. I do have a pic of the case back

I think that watch is beautiful.

For my own education, if someone could teach me, I would appreciate it. I was under the impression that Omega never printed “anti-magnetic” or “non-magnetic” on its dials. Am I wrong on this or is this reference an exception to the rule?

Just trying to add some depth to my Omega knowledge.

Omega never printed “anti-magnetic” or “non-magnetic” on its dials. Am I wrong on this or is this reference an exception to the rule?
Vintage Omega did not use Anti- magnetic but they have Non-magnetic on some dials.

20201121_100645.jpg

I think that watch is beautiful.

For my own education, if someone could teach me, I would appreciate it. I was under the impression that Omega never printed “anti-magnetic” or “non-magnetic” on its dials. Am I wrong on this or is this reference an exception to the rule?

Just trying to add some depth to my Omega knowledge.
From what I was told it has something to do with keeping accurate time on trains (?? ) that’s why I am asking the experts here for help

Quick google of
Omega 2175

77E66AEE-EA7F-416C-B79F-57D5DA9DFA55.jpeg

Really cool score! Dial reminds me a little of my Smiths Antarctic:
DB16809B-CBC3-4B9F-AB98-7D9A80EF4384.jpeg
Alas, it cost me a little more than your purchase...

I love the finely calibrated outer track and the red second hand - on both watches!

From what I was told it has something to do with keeping accurate time on trains (?? ) that’s why I am asking the experts here for help

A magnetized watch can be either fast, slow, or stop. In the olden days of railroading there was no automatic train detection so the only way they kept trains from running into each other was by every train being where it was supposed to be on time. So antimagnetic was important. Railroad grade watches also had their own accuracy standards and easy to read dials with at least all the hour positions marked with Arabic numbers.

A commuter may have used that watch to catch his train on time, but, as I understand it, the railroad-approved pocket watches ruled the rails until the Bulova Accutron hit the market in the 60s, it and other tuning fork wrist watches, were accepted for railway use until quartz came out and pocket watches retired to the country to fish for Muskie and tell stories about the good old days.

Here is a history of railroad approved timekeeping https://watchtime.me/life-style/vintage/article/832/a-short-history-of-railroad-watches

Edit: @Canuck is one of our resident experts on RR timekeeping
Edited: