Forums Latest Members

What can you tell me about the late 90's Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary

1. Alphasports Sep 16, 2018

Hi all

I have a line on one of these older Seamaster GMT's, probably dates to late 90's or early 2000's. The reputable, vetted owner doesn't have much info nor boxes or docs, it's been sitting at the bottom of a drawer for years apparently. I can't find much on the web about it. The watch I'm looking at has the rubber strap but with the nice clamshell clasp as opposed to the tang. Watch has no service history so I'm assuming unserviced and have factored that and a probably new rubber strap into my offer of $2000 CAD or about 1450 USD. The pics, despite being out of focus, suggest it's in good to very good shape, especially since the tip of the second hand still appears to be bright red so has not seen much UV (unlike my 03 SMP300 where the tip has faded quite a bit).

Thanks for any advice!

PS of the pics here, the first one is off the web, not my watch. The 2 other out of focus ones are the actual watch in question. I can see it in person this week, I just wanted to throw this out there in case there's something about this ref. I should be aware of. seamaster gmt.jpg seamaster gmt 2.jpg seamaster gmt 3.jpg

2. Alphasports Sep 16, 2018

False alarm everyone! Seller decided to keep it for sentimental reasons, I get it. But don't be shy to add some info on the watch if you have any :)