Forums Latest Members

What can I expect from an Omega AD

1. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy Oct 8, 2016

So polling the audience here - what can I, as owner of a current, under warranty, genuine Omega watch, expect of any Omega Authorized Dealer? Meaning what level of welcome and service can I get by walking into an Omega AD - that I am entitled to as a customer of Omega.

Maning - I have proven my worth as someone who has an Omega watch on my wrist.

Will the Omega AD greet me and invite me into their store?

Am I entitled to perhaps a cleaning/polishing of my crystal and band/strap by just walking in?

How do I get free services of an Omega AD by virtue of the fact that I am an Omega owner?

Thanks!

Mad Dog likes this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 8, 2016

They checked out the timing on my 2008 PO for me and showered me with swag gifts :thumbsup:

3. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Oct 8, 2016

Ummm...Omega ADs usually tell me to get lost...along the lines of "You get nothing and like it!"...therefore, I'm not a good resource regarding your questions...however, if we're talking Dunkin' Donuts (which we're not)...hang with me, dude, and the sky's the limit. :D

Also, who assigned your "below the user name text"? That's some funny sheet...PFG...Pure Farging Genius. :thumbsup:

Bonus pic...Mad Dog and ChuckMK23...at our local Dunkin' Donuts on Halloween last year...pretend dogfighting with Bell TH-57 Sea Ranger models...

image.jpeg

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 8, 2016

I just keep repeating to myself, "Must not fly anything smaller than a 757, Must not fly anything smaller than a 757, Must not fly anything smaller than a 757, Must not fly anything smaller than a 757, Must not fly anything smaller than a 757, must not..........................."

noelekal and Mad Dog like this.
  5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 8, 2016

Aren't AD's largely independent of Omega? Unlike OBs, they are not owned by Omega, and also carry other brands. So anything they give to you would be as an indy shop that wants your business, and not as 'Omega'. Although Omega may give AD's some incentive items to give to customers.

TMQ likes this.
  6. Bushido Oct 8, 2016

I have been very pleased with the level of service with the AD I've establishing a relationship. Last purchase resulted in some great free gifts (Omega book, Omega lab coat, and Wolf watch winder). I'm already waiting for their call once the new Moonphase speedies arrive later this month and expect equally professional and courteous service in person this time around. I've also proven myself to be a friendly and lucrative customer.

However, none of these stores have to do anything. So, I would guess service is highly variable. Best option is to walk into one and see how things go.

TMQ likes this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 8, 2016

My OB will sometimes offer to clean my watch. AD's could care less. The Rolex boutique keeps pushing the Platinum Daytona on me though.

It is fun though to play the I'm not going to let you see what watch I am wearing at AD's though. Brief flashes, but never let them see it. You can get them to do some funny things sometimes.

8. alam Oct 8, 2016

I have not tried the service/personal attention from any AD but the Boutique at Heathrow airport properly sized the bracelet on my SMP which I purchased from another AD; the Boutique in San Juan ordered and installed a rally strap on my Speedy, gave me an extra set of pins, and spit and shined the case free of charge. There was always the nice gesture for the option of espresso/coffee/sparkling water :coffee: ...always a nice and very attentive staff. :) just make sure you have an Omega on your wrist when you walk in..;)

9. ulackfocus Oct 8, 2016

It's actually called a "Custom Avatar Message", or, according to the back room software page where it gets installed, a "Custom Title":

....and the usual suspect did the deed. :D

It was based on a couple of successive posts ChuckMK23 made:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/how-you-know-you-married-the-right-girl.46068/page-2#post-547562

https://omegaforums.net/threads/how-you-know-you-married-the-right-girl.46068/page-2#post-547578

...... as most member's messages are. ;)

Nitzbar, ahartfie and Mad Dog like this.
  10. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 8, 2016

No idea about an AD. But will comment on the OB.

Prior to buying (and since buying) at the OB, I was always cheerfully greeted and accommodated with a watch strap change, bracelet sizing, and cleanings.

Mad Dog and ChuckMK23 like this.
  11. SmokyT Oct 8, 2016

Are you talking about an AD where you have purchased a watch (or two) or just any other AD (e.g., an AD you visit while on trip, etc)? I would expect different levels of services depending on your relationship with them...

I personally have not experienced any special attention/free service from Omega ADs that have visited as a tourists. They all seemed to care less that I was wearing an Omega watch and that they were an Omega AD. Some of them just wanted to sell me a Rolex watch. lol. You can generally expect better from OBs, though.