Forums Latest Members

What can I do with the connie BOR bracelets (well used vintage)?

1. Wongo Jun 22, 2015

Is it worth while to find someone fixing it, the biggest problem is the buckle part, I brought the watch with bracelet and it is very chewed up, the I have another one which also is very chopped up from repairs. Hinges for these watch just... so frail...
    The end link I have 2 set, one is marked with 11 stamped, the other with no stamp.
    So, should I just buy a new bracelet online and dump the rest on the bay? Any maybe keep the end link that has the stamp?
    A tat bit lost as to what to do with them in my draws...

Darlinboy likes this.
  2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jun 23, 2015

What part of the country are you from that you use "draw" for "drawer"? This always confuses me.

Otto Frei sells many clasps and end pieces that Omega still makes for vintage bracelets. If you can identify it, perhaps you can buy a new clasp. They have reference books as well, so perhaps can cross-reference your old end-piece number to a newer one. I guess it depends on whether you want to use these bracelets? Or just replace them? If it's a watch you're going to wear, the last thing you want is the bracelet to let loose... and your watch falls onto the pavement, scarring the case and breaking the balance staff.

Best to just chuck those into the trash, or go ahead and dump them on eBay for a couple bucks.

Tom

3. Wongo Jun 23, 2015

I learn my English here 39°39′0″S 176°50′0″E
    I always say put it in my draw, or maybe I was too lazy to pronounce drawer.
    The beads are very lose, the clasp also pretty had its life, only thing I think I can salvage is the end piece...

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 23, 2015

5. Wongo Jun 23, 2015

Not free of charge

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 23, 2015

There is one service I've used that could be an option for restoring your bracelet - Mike Young at http://www.classicwatchrepair.com/page5.html. He has restored a couple of Rolex bracelets for me at a reasonable cost and with excellent results. The service can take a while, but IMO worth the wait.