Forums Latest Members

What can I do with a 565 calibre?

1. talete76 Jan 21, 2014

Hi to everyone,
    I'm new to the forum, and new to the Omega world.
    Last Sunday my dad gave me a handful of old watches and watch parts and between quartz and straps there was an old Omega 565 caliber!
    omega.jpg
    Well just the movement with a square dial (he told me that he sold the gold case and strap :-S).
    Now, since I like watches I thought to build my own one but searching the web I found anything clear about omega watches (round shape) that has this caliber inside.
    There is anywhere a list (better with pictures) where I can see what models mount inside this caliber with case/dial reference?
    I know Seamaster 300 and Seamaster 120 but in your opinion it's hard to find a complete case?

Thank you very much for your help!

2. ulackfocus Jan 21, 2014

You could sell it for parts.

Can you show a picture of the dial? There were a LOT of watches using the 565.

3. talete76 Jan 21, 2014

really only sell it? :(
    P1080208.jpg

This is the dial but I would like to insert it in a round case, if possible...

4. ulackfocus Jan 21, 2014

That's a repainted dial so you might as well look for a correct dial that fits any case you might find.

5. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Jan 21, 2014

They sell for $50 to $200 in working shape I think, the movement that is.

6. talete76 Jan 21, 2014

thank you for your info so I can evaluate the pros and cons of this project, and overall the final cost ::money::

::confused2:: the dial must fit the movement and then the case must fit the two, ok.. but now my problem is: what Omega cases fits the 565?

Well, I'm not assembling the watch for selling it, so it's not so important to have all original parts but if possible I would try to make a coherent watch, but now I think it's really hard..:eek: