Forums Latest Members
  1. dnuggett Apr 16, 2017

I've been looking for a band similar to the black band on this Longines (the top image of the article)... do any of you know who makes it or something very similar that you could recommend? Thank you very much for your ideas/recommendations.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-longines-legend-diver

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 17, 2017

3. dnuggett Apr 17, 2017

The black one. Yes I do believe it comes on he watch new... but somebody besides Longines had to have made it. And even if you are not familiar with that band, others like it would be of interest. Thanks!

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 17, 2017

Try searching for a cordura watch strap. That's what it is.

5. yinzerniner Apr 17, 2017

The strap that comes with the majority of Longines Legend Divers is a black sailcloth strap with a sueded liner similar in look and feel to Alcantera. While it looks somewhat like cordura there's two differences - one is durability, the other is finish. The sailcloth Longines uses is less durable than cordura, and it's also a shinier, slicker finish. Cordura as used in the SOTM and Silver Snoopy straps, is very strong, durable, and has a rather rough feel.

The only widespread complaint about the LLD is the shoddy strap which tends to fall apart after limited use, especially water usage. If you like the look of "tactical" fabric you're better off looking for sailcloth, kevlar or cordura by another manufacturer.

Kmart and Foo2rama like this.
  6. dnuggett Apr 17, 2017

Excellent info, thank you. Any particular strap makers that you would recommend for this style and materials?

7. Kmart Apr 17, 2017

Jean Rousseau (strap OEM for Omega) makes excellent cordura straps. They make the straps for the SOTM/Silver Snoopy straps as mentioned by @yinzerniner. Send them an email and they will make one bespoke for you.

8. dnuggett Apr 17, 2017

Thank you very much, I will check them out.