Forums Latest Members

What attracts you most to the Omega brand?

1. OmegaRolex Apr 8, 2018

Is it Omega's status as Rolex's primary arch rival? Do you enjoy the history of the brand? Do you think Omega pieces are generally undervalued? Do you like their aesthetics and designs? Are you impressed with Omega's brand ambassadors? What attracts you most to Omega?

IMG_6078.JPG

astrand and JDMdenon like this.
  2. JDMdenon Apr 8, 2018

I like how omega were a bit more 'daring' with their designs, I really love the dynamic case style. Also, your able to get yourself a really well made watch for a lot less than a Rolex!

Also, its a family thing. My grandfather had one, not sure where it ended up, but I would always look at it and say to myself that I would own one, one day! I own one omega and one on the horizon but still not sure yet!

Edited Apr 8, 2018
    astrand and OmegaRolex like this.
  3. astrand Apr 8, 2018

Typical answer, but mostly because of Brosnan in Goldeneye. I had always known about Rolex, but Omega is in a more "attainable" price range. I do not mind Rolex and I would love to wear a no date black sub if I had the chance, but I like Omegas designs much more.

4. 77deluxe Apr 8, 2018

The Speedy.

MaiLollo, USDKH123 and astrand like this.
  5. heccsat Apr 8, 2018

Their vintage pieces from 50-60's. I think those are really good value props.

6. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Apr 8, 2018

I've come at this from various angles.
    In aesthetic terms I find the Omega styles (particularly their dress watches) more attractive.
    In financial terms, until I bought my first used Omega I hadn't appreciated how accurate and efficient and affordable they are.
    In safety terms, living and working in London, sadly the city that coined the term 'Rolex robbers', I never wanted to own or be seen wearing a watch that might be stolen, broken or lost of a value I wasn't prepared to lose.

So, Omega v Rolex? Well not quite as straightforward as Beatles v Stones or Blur v Oasis or Bolton Wanderers v any other football team but still a bit tribal!!!

noelekal likes this.
  7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 8, 2018

It sorta rhymes with 'bodega'.

STANDY, aap, alam and 2 others like this.
  8. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Apr 8, 2018

My Uncle, a Patek trained watchmaker and an Omega AD told me that he choose to be an Omega AD rather than a Patek AD because he felt that Omega was the best made timepiece for the money of all the Swiss made watches. That was always good enough for me :)

BrianMcKay, pippy, UncleBuck and 3 others like this.
  9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 8, 2018

Unless you're James Bond ,then it would rhyme with 'bodeeeega'

Buckeyes#1, texasmade, alam and 3 others like this.
  10. mydeafcat Apr 8, 2018

‘Beautiful’.

texasmade and ConElPueblo like this.
  11. Edward53 Apr 8, 2018

I can't afford a nice Rolex so I bought lots of Omegas instead :D:D:D::stirthepot::

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 8, 2018

I’m banned on other brands forums for starting new threads instead of the search function. Omega was the only one left for me.

EatMan, noelekal, Euxinus and 12 others like this.
  13. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 8, 2018

That's right @oddboy. My Dad never mentioned Seamasters or Speedmasters when I was a kid. It was always....

"Oyyy! Get away from Daddy's Omeeeeeyga!... leave it alone!... Now fakk awff out and play!.... there's a good lad!" ::shy:: (We had a very gentle childhood in 1960's London.:D)

So, for me, the name Omega always signified something of value and quality. The problem with Rolex is that they are beautiful watches but it's just a tacky sounding name. Pyrex, Durex, Rolex, Tampax Tipp-Ex, Kotex. It just slots in that group of brands nicely.::confused2::

Edited Apr 8, 2018
  14. TOTIZ Apr 8, 2018

Nothing as funny as @nonuffinkbloke‘s post, but value for money and quality do play a role, along with design and style. While some Omegas can be „in your face“, a lot them exude class, style and understatement which I appreciate :)

15. Canuck Apr 8, 2018

While I have more Omegas than any other make (maybe might have more Accutron), I haven’t gone out specifically looking for them. Two of my Omegas are among my favourite watches, but I have too many watches to allow me to fixate on one brand, or one specific watch. I just like watches! Pocket watches, as well, of course. (Including two Brandt Omegas).

16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2018

They sell watches.

17. tyrantlizardrex Apr 8, 2018

They do what now?

How did I miss this?!

Spruce likes this.
  18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2018

They don't sell them in pubs.

19. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 8, 2018

Its ability to make two watches that provide OmegaRolex the opportunity to start dozens of threads to show them off.

20. BenBagbag Apr 8, 2018

+1... enough...

efauser likes this.