Forums Latest Members

What attracts us to certain pieces?

1. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 26, 2013

A bit of a cull of the sock drawer at the moment and as such considering what I couldn't/don't want to live without and have to admit one of my keep choices will probably come as a surprise to most and if truth be told to myself..
    Diameter is perfect, nice and slim, like myself of course :D. Nice weight, manual which I do like etc. etc.
    Do others find themselves leaning to the unexpected?
    You have seen it before - and if you think i'm crazy the skin is thick enough ;)

IMG_5623.jpg

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 26, 2013

Well of course we think your crazy, but don't know what that has to do with keeping or selling watches. Dennis is crazy too and he flips like a pancake. :unsure:

3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 26, 2013

First out of the blocks ;)
    Come on in Dennis with your two pence worth.
    Reckon watches are like women, some seem able to cast a certain spell no matter what attributes they may have.

4. ulackfocus Nov 26, 2013

Question:

Answer:

GSoD.jpg

The Golden Squirrel of Distraction bites everyone now & again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying out different watches. So what if I've tried more than 95% of the collectors on all watch forums! It's all about finding what you like. If I never tried on a 45 mm Breitling Chronomat Evolution I would not have known that a) 45 mm was way too big and b) I really wanted a Breitling because of their dial work. To this day people are surprised that I own one because it isn't the regular style of watch I own.

The correct phraseology would be "Dennis flips more than IHOP". :p

And if you have more than 5 posts on any watch forum (or ANY hobby forum) you're probably crazy.

MMMD and Alpha like this.
  5. rhetoric Nov 26, 2013

I really like the dial. The watch would look really good, I reckon, on a light tan pigskin strap. ;)

6. CdnWatchDoc Nov 26, 2013

Love the patina on that dial! I personally am not a big mesh fan; leather in tan or honey brown would look good.

Crazy?!?! No, just obsessed, distracted and addicted, and you know, I can quit anytime. I've done it lots of times before. Nah, not addicted, more like possessed! Yeah, that's it, yeah

MKelley likes this.
  7. MKelley Nov 26, 2013

Yep, that about describes us all::screwloose::

8. Hijak Nov 28, 2013

Crazy...far from it! That is a beutiful classic timepiece. For me, I find it amazing that a delicate fine mechanical timepiece like this can still function and keep it good looks after sixty some odd years (and do it well!)...especially considering today's disposible world!:thumbsup: