Forums Latest Members
  1. hotwheels Nov 21, 2017

I'm relatively new to Omega ownership from Rolex, and just wondered what made you choose Omega?

2. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 21, 2017

The best community and forum interface ever :thumbsup:

And eventually the race for space history :D

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 21, 2017

Interest in watches + Acquisition of New Rolex, RGM and JLC watches+ Watchblogs + Speedmaster 101+ 2998-6 acquisition + First UG Tri Compax encounter ... Skiivy experience on Watch U Seek Led to Omega Forums....amazing community ....Omega, UG, Longines, Rolex, Other Watches Sub Forums and then........ watches watches watches.....:D

4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Nov 21, 2017

5. gdupree Nov 21, 2017

The Speedmaster. Which was pretty much a direct result of my interest in NASA

BrianMcKay, KstateSkier and hotwheels like this.
  6. Omega alan Nov 21, 2017

I bought an Omega stainless bracelet 45+ years ago to put on my Sekonda watch because I couldn't afford an Omega watch.
    Always admired the quality and workmanship and have in the last month bought my Seamaster 300M and it's everything I thought it would be, and more!

Alan

7. cvera Nov 21, 2017

Wanted to get a more professional watch. Started browsing the internet and liked the planet oceans and the history while still remaining somewhat under the radar to the general public while on the wrist.

hotwheels and Mozziebite like this.
  8. sevenhelmet Nov 21, 2017

Pretty much this. Then was captivated by the innovation and design of many of the brand's models. Didn't venture into luxury watches before buying my Speedy, although I have also long admired many Breitling and Bremont watches, among others. Rolex just never interested me, and their brand superiority shtick is an absolute turnoff.

Morseman and hotwheels like this.
  9. jakeh417 Nov 21, 2017

Ditto for me as well. But beyond just being associated with NASA, I really do like the aesthetics of the Speedmaster, very pleasing to the eye in my opinion. I get the most compliments with the Speedmaster.

Besides the Speedmaster I also like the other well known classics like the Seamaster's SM300, and the 2531.80. Actually I am a big vintage Omega fan and like almost all of the vintage omega chronographs.

neilfrancis, hotwheels and Pun like this.
  10. texasmade Nov 21, 2017

James Bond. Because of the movie placement, my first nice watch was the blue Seamaster 300M.

11. Bushido Nov 21, 2017

I own or have owned watches from a variety of nice brands. Enjoy and appreciate all of them for what they offer. Omega has been my favorite from the moment I went shopping for my first "nice" watch.

1) Aesthetics
    2) Quality
    3) Community
    4) History

In that order, the brand keeps me coming back for more, and enjoying it all along the way.

hotwheels likes this.
  12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 21, 2017

Chicks dig them.

13. jumpingsecond Nov 21, 2017

Canuck, gippo, Rman and 4 others like this.
  14. kkt Nov 21, 2017

Initially, the moonwatch. Then what kept me is the 1960s dress watches: aesthetics, excellent movements for which spare parts are still available and not ridiculously expensive.

hotwheels likes this.
  15. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Nov 21, 2017

Absolutely.

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_4003.JPG

RobertOne, kov, watchme and 27 others like this.
  16. Pixie Nov 22, 2017

17. Edward53 Nov 22, 2017

The same for me. I was always aware of Omega as a top brand, maybe because a rich kid at school had a moonwatch which impressed me. Many, many years later it dawned on me that I could own a top-end Omega and I was drawn to the Constellations and Seamasters, influenced in the former by Desmond's website and with some kind assistance from him. I still don't have a Speedmaster and I doubt I ever will. I'd quite like one but not enough to pay for a good one.

hotwheels likes this.
  18. IDXM Nov 22, 2017

The stupid George Clooney ad in the back of a magazine convinced me if he could have one I could damn well too. For awhile I thought Omegas were out of my reach even though they were obviously not.;)

hotwheels likes this.
  19. hotwheels Nov 22, 2017

I first owned Rolex but now feel they are becoming too "in your face" where I live and have found my personal preference to be omega for the history quality and under the radar pure cool :cool:

20. GGG964 Nov 22, 2017

this is going to sound ridiculous, but oh well.

In 1995, when I was 10 years old, I went to see Goldeneye. The scene in the armored Soviet train where Bond uses his Diver 300 to get through a panel in the floor is what started my obsession hahah. After I got my driver's license, I would stop in to a local AD once every few months to look at the Omega's, and the owner of the store would let me try on the 300. I used to tell him that when I got my first real job, I would be back to buy one from him. Unfortunately, he went out of business when I was in college, but the dream never diminished!

For some reason, I became attached to the Omega brand because of my love for the Bond franchise, but I can remember walking into that AD and just never being attracted to any other brands. The subtlety of their products is what caught my eye. Thus far, I have a speedy, and the Skyfall PO, but I have yet to pick up a 300 (it's almost as if I subconsciously feel bad to purchase it from anywhere else besides the old shop I used to go to as a kid). Odd, I know.

Mtek, Albe100, Wing Zero and 8 others like this.