Forums Latest Members
  1. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jan 20, 2013

2. tomvox1 Jan 20, 2013

Looks pretty good to me.

Re: the bezel insert--one tends to see this thin rounded font on these date SMs, so I'm inclined to believe they are correct and just later chronologically than the other 2 "flat 4" types. Patina would seem to confirm that. Maybe they could also be later Omega service replacements but still with Tritium luminous, as the acrylic inserts are prone to fracture?

Dial looks factory w/ original lume and nice with maybe some signs of spotting. And the case looks decent too, even though the photos are overexposed and details are not that clear. Flat link bracelet in good condition a nice bonus.

Not sure what the final price was but hopefully it was well under the BIN because that was a pretty strong ask.
    Best,
    T.

3. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jan 20, 2013

Thanks Tom. My friend wasn't too worried about price but thought the overall condition was great on this watch. The only thing that has me scratching my head is the Omega Automatic font seems a bit thicker than some other vintage SMP 300m that I've seen on the net. I don't know if it is cause the picture quality is a little fuzzy at best.

4. tomvox1 Jan 20, 2013

Yeah, I think that the shots are just so blown out that the text registers as larger than it actually is. Looks good to me. Couple things that really cannot be faked are apparent even with the less than crisp photos.
    Best,
    T.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 20, 2013

The third photo showing the dial looks much better.

Also note that print weight can vary a bit depending on who made the dials, since Omega used several different makers.

$(KGrHqZ,!iwFDyvmQfSTBQ-tW7ETUQ~~60_57.JPG

6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jan 23, 2013

Here it is next to the current modern beater for me

photo.JPG