Forums Latest Members

What are some of your quirky watch behaviors?

1. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 26, 2015

I am a big Omega fan-boy and have been for about three years. I love the Omega Speedmasters; the history, the look of the watch, the overall value, etc.

I find myself doing a few peculiar things with my watches and how I wear them, so I was wondering if I am the only one doing what others would consider odd behavior.

I own a Gemini IV, and this watch is Blue with some red lettering. My son attends the U of Arizona and their colors are blue and red. So when I visit Arizona I wear the Gemini IV. Basically when I travel to AZ on business or to visit him I wear this watch. I can only think of one exception when this was not the case (wore it to show off at the Omega Boutique), but generally speaking this is the only time I wear this watch, which is 5-6 times a year.

I sometimes lite up my watch with an LED flash-lite next to my bed. This allows me to check the time in the middle of the night if I should wake up.

I have more photos of my watches on my online photo book/cell phone memory than I do of my children.

Please tell me I am not alone here....

watchme likes this.
  2. redpcar Feb 26, 2015

I give my watches a full lume charge right before bed then prop it up on the night stand so I can check it for time through the night even though there are about 3 other much more visible clocks in the room.

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 26, 2015

You're not alone

IMG_20150226_213209.png

4. ulackfocus Feb 26, 2015

Quirky, you ask?

I'll always own a black & orange watch for Flyers' and Orioles' games. I'll always own a Seiko for beach/boat/beater duty. A few years back, both tasks were covered by an Orange Monster.

I always match the color strap AND metal to my belt. The strap matches the leather or reptile; the watch case matches the belt buckle. Shoes usually match the strap also.

When my wife asks what I'm wearing to an event, I usually answer with my choice of watch - not to bust her stones, but because it's what I normally think of first.

Pictures? I have 3 Photobucket accounts that are 90% watch shots. The rest are vacation pictures.

250scr, UncleBuck and noelekal like this.
  5. Shem Feb 26, 2015

I asked my in-laws to let me inherit an 18K wedding band that just happened to fit me from my wife's late grandmother's heirlooms just to match my Omega Speedmaster Perpetual as it's the only yellow gold item I own. :p

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 26, 2015

@Shem, deservedly so, it should have its own ring.

7. Shem Feb 26, 2015

My wife's family was actually quite pleased to have me take it from a sentimental perspective, so it was a win-win. I promised to give it back if I sell the Perpetual. :p

oddboy likes this.
  8. ulackfocus Feb 26, 2015

You'll have to change your avatar now Shem. Gotta include the ring in the pic.

9. Shem Feb 26, 2015

I don't have a pic with the ring in it unfortunately, so here's one with Pappy van Winkle instead. Sometimes I need the Pappy to deal with the life situation that necessitates the ring. :p

Edit: Come to think of it, frequently taking pictures of my watch with what I'm drinking qualifies as another quirky watch behavior.

Traveler likes this.
  10. Shem Feb 26, 2015

11. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 26, 2015

@Shem - so every time you are in the pub, you take picture of your watch? I will be in Philly for a few days in April, I will look to see if I can find the Iron Hill Brewery.

12. Shem Feb 26, 2015

Not every time -- I go to Iron Hill a LOT. :p It's a small chain of 11 (soon 12) brewpubs in the tri-state area. There are plenty around Philly to visit and I highly recommend it!

13. ulackfocus Feb 26, 2015

Let me know when - there's a few of us in the metro area that don't mind a sip or two once in a while. I prefer Eulogy on Chestnut between Front & 2nd but any place that has decent dark beer works for me.

14. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Feb 26, 2015

:thumbsup:!!!!!! nicely done sir

15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 27, 2015

I like to hide in a quiet place and lick the hesalite on my Speedie

rhetoric, epl108, UncleBuck and 7 others like this.
  16. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Feb 27, 2015

At night I put my watch far away, to avoid smashing it while searching for the damned watch clock.
    Choosing the right shirt for the straps / Deals isn't this strange!?

17. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 27, 2015

I really don't have any quirks.

There is one guy who matches the strap on his watch to the color of his leather underwear, then posts photos on Instagram.

Here are a few examples that got the most "likes" (#whatchawearingbigfella.)

Error.png

Traveler likes this.
  18. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Feb 27, 2015

Wow, nice shoes[​IMG] #whatchawearing.....

19. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Feb 27, 2015

All very normal behaviour

20. flw history nerd Feb 27, 2015

I use a microfiber cloth to polish my SMPc ... constantly. The slightest smudge or fingerprint drives me insane ... even more on my Rolex Sub, which (like black accessories or black clothes) is a magnet for dust of any kind. My coworkers have given me odd looks and comments more than once.

In the meantime, I can hardly see because my glasses are so dirty ...

watchme likes this.