Forums Latest Members

What are period correct SS bracelets for a Seamaster DeVille?

1. Humm Sep 13, 2017

Hello and this is my first post on the Omega Forum.

I recently acquired a 2nd vintage watch and 1st Omega vintage watch. My grandfather's gifted and pristine Bulova 1954 Standish watch has inspired me with an appreciation of these older watches. I carefully researched a second watch model I would want to alternate with the gold colored Bulova and decided it would be a mid 60s stainless steel Omega Seamaster DeVille.

Well I have now successfully acquired a great condition/example of a stainless steel 1963 Seamaster DeVille (14905-SC) that I wish to match with a period correct metal bracelet since I generally like the fit and look better than leather bands. Through a bit of internet hunting, I believe the watch came with a leather band, but bracelets were offered separately at that time as accessories and that those bracelets available then were numbers 7912, 8270 and 8220.

I would like to verify this with the knowledgable forum members before I begin a search toward a purchase. Also, I would like to inquire about the correct end links to search for. The dimensions of the watch are 40mm lug tip to lug tip and 35mm in width (not including crown). The lug buckle width is 18mm. Please let me know the correct end link number to search for as well.

Thank you in advance for your advice and comments.

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 13, 2017

One thing you'll learn about this place is that the members are highly motivated by photos.

ewand and arcadelt like this.
  3. Edward53 Sep 13, 2017

Mine came with this one on. It's a 1503 but 1037, 1068 and 8270 all seem the same. I've had several similar Seamasters with the same bracelet which I think is most typical for this style of watch. As you can see the end links are type 70 but 570 aren't any different that I can see.

Ludovic 016.jpg Ludovic 019.jpg

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 13, 2017