Forums Latest Members

What are Bell n Ross watches like? Reliability? Resale? Precision?

1. Desibaba May 20, 2019

2. 77deluxe May 20, 2019

They are solid watches. Resale isn’t the best as there is not that much brand history or desirability. In my opinion they don’t compare to Omega, Panerai or Breitling. But some are nice looking.

kilofinal and Snap Crackle like this.
  3. Desibaba May 20, 2019

I noticed they do have some extremely expensive pieces too. I tend to go for watches that have a unique look. This is my current collection. Rolex Submariner date bluesy, Panerai Pam 90, Breitling Super Avenger 2, Omega Ploprof date.

WatchCollection.jpg
    77deluxe likes this.
  4. 77deluxe May 20, 2019

One thing B&R does well, is the unique look.

5. Snap Crackle May 20, 2019

I was never a fan of the traditional squared B&R look but the dial on B&R watches I have always been a fan of. When the vintage line came out I was almost set on buying one but then held one and put it on and was somewhat underwhelmed by the overall finish and feel of the watch on my wrist. I felt that for the price, there were much better options with regards to finish and also movement to be honest, in the sub 1k usd and even 500usd range.

Try it before you buy it. Especially with B&R as @77deluxe mentioned, resale is not the greatest. Find a sweet deal on one and if you flip it, loose a small bit instead of going full retail.

All personal preference. That is what is amazing about our hobby.

6. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much May 21, 2019

Not much to add in terms of resale value but I do think they have some attractive watches, are great for daily wearers and keep good time

I picked up a good deal for a pre-owned BR126 Heritage (1 previous owner - full set) for around £750 off flea bay about a year ago and love the fact I can wear it in most circumstances without too much concern and it looks good too. They retail around £2400.

DSC_0047.JPG
    IMG_1018.PNG

77deluxe and ras47 like this.
  7. ama98 May 21, 2019

Some of them are nice looking pieces but I think they are overpriced.

8. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much May 21, 2019

Wouldn't argue with that but then most watches are really

ama98 likes this.
  9. L Tigre May 21, 2019

I got a BR03-94 about a year ago and have enjoyed it. Keeps time well, probably +3-5s/day on average when being worn. It looks and feels like a high-quality piece; the fit and finish is very good, no complaints at all. I think the reliability over time is hard to compare; none of us have a database of failure rates etc. But mine has been fine. Resale will be worse than an Omega or other top brand I think. It's not my expertise but I think watches with ETA movements in this price range do not maintain their top value over time.

I liked the square design and that's why I bought mine, and I still like it. But it's less versatile than a more traditional watch shape and doesn't blend in well. It is pretty huge and pretty square... so it's basically calling for attention on your wrist. Sometimes I'm fine with that and other times it's a bit much.

Gav1967 likes this.
  10. 77deluxe May 21, 2019

I’ve always really liked the early “Bell & Ross by Sinn” watches. Pre-square stuff days.

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 21, 2019

The non square pieces are pretty safe to pick up used. I’d avoid the square ones.

Gav1967 and 77deluxe like this.
  12. mancio May 21, 2019

A friend of mine had an light motorcicle accident and the watch hit the ground. Except for obvious scrateche and craked glass the internal were totally fine.

13. jsducote May 22, 2019

Why? Because you don't like the style, because you believe the manufacturing quality has fallen off lately, or because there's an implied lack of maintenance? Some other reason?

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 22, 2019

Because the market has spoken and they have dropped way down on the used market. And even B&R is heavily scaling back production and going back to more classic designs. I used to see them all the time on the street. Been years since I’ve seen one in the wild. People just no longer like them, and I think anyone asking this question about them wants to k ow they will hold value. I’m not going out on a limb by saying the square ones are money losers, and out of style.

Large watches and odd shaped watches no longer sell well in the mid market.

15. Braindrain May 24, 2019

Yup, don't get a square cased one unless you're never going to sell it. B&R didn't help by issuing a bajillion LE square case watches. Thought about getting a radar years ago, glad I didn't. Tried on the 46mm, was truly a dinner plate on the wrist.

Foo2rama likes this.
  16. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 25, 2019

0A3E6C67-2D84-4A6D-99CA-9B8E5093CEDE.jpeg

Foogirl wants this ladies quartz version. I’m ok with it except the price lol.