Forums Latest Members
  1. Which Watch Next Aug 24, 2015

Can anyone tell me what this is please? Came across it today while waiting for my car to be serviced. It looks like a Seamaster, but says "automatic" where the Seamaster text generally resides. Has 10k GF bezel with SS case back. I like the waffle dial dial and crosshairs, but have no clue what may be inside of it. When I held it to my ear I can hear the gentle tick, but when rotating it, it made a racheting click click click sound as the rotor moved. I felt no bounce like it was hitting bumpers, so I am curious. The crown is unmarked, I don't believe the crystal is marked either, and the hands and dial also look awfully clean compared to the hour markers... Thanks. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. ConElPueblo Aug 24, 2015

American market case, pre-Seamaster? Movement perhaps in need of a service?

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 24, 2015

I"d suggest redial.

4. Pvt-Public Aug 24, 2015

The Omega "horse shoe" isn't even centered on the cross-hair.

5. flw history nerd Aug 24, 2015

I am no expert (to say the least) ... but my Spidey sense is screaming "fake" on this ... You said you saw it while having your car serviced - did you stroll down the street and into a watch place? Or see it on the wrist of a fellow car customer? I'm puzzled ...

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 24, 2015

I don't think it's a fake. But it is a shoddy redial job.

You can see the excess paint on the markers. ::facepalm1::

Not good.
    gatorcpa

7. Which Watch Next Aug 24, 2015

Strolled into a coin and antique shop that has some vintage watches. I saw some others that set off bells as well. I passed on this and the others. I was not directly interested in this piece, but it was suggested and offered at a deal. Thanks for the confirmation that I did the right thing. It is appreciated. At least my car is all serviced and happy.