Forums Latest Members
  1. mappleluna Aug 21, 2015

Hi Guys,

I'd like to have your opinion about this one ? It looks weird in some way, dial, hands, engravings etc... No ?

Congo 01.jpg Congo 11.jpg Congo 13.jpg

2. mappleluna Aug 21, 2015

Anybody? Thanks guys

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 21, 2015

What does it purport to be?

I don't recognize the reference or (military?) caseback markings.

Chrono hand is certainly odd.

4. mappleluna Aug 21, 2015

Supposed to be a carrera issued in the 70s to the Belgian army based in Congo. But the markings seem to be a bit "thin" compared to few identical watches I've found on the web. May be someone here have an original model of this rare bird and can give me his opinion,

5. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Aug 21, 2015

The engravings do appear shallow, a bit different than the examples I've seen (on MWR).

6. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Aug 21, 2015

7. calalum Aug 21, 2015

Post it up at OTD and they can probably help.

8. mappleluna Aug 22, 2015

Yes. By the way, here are the points that make me a bit suspicious for this watch

1 Engravings are shallow but look to be the same font as originals. On other original ones the font varies from watch to watch so may be it's normal

2 Heuer on the dial is thinner than originals (redial?) ->sadly a beautiful nos similar dial was sold on CT yesterday

3 Hands too short but I cannot find two examples with the same hands on these watches..

I don't know if these watches should have a serial number between lugs or not

9. mappleluna Aug 24, 2015

Still no definitive answer about the authenticity of this one, just for information and for future buyers like me that ask themselves questions, here's a compilation of all the engravings I've found for this watch. Hope it can help in future

congo serial.png