Forums Latest Members
  1. Mooieklokjes Mar 3, 2018

2. sjg22 Mar 3, 2018

Looks nice - sharp dial (might’ve been relumed - that’s quite an orange patina for a ‘69), hands look original and flat link bracelet to boot.

No DON, which is a possibility for that reference but given the bracelet and overall quality, I’d consider it.

Mooieklokjes likes this.
  3. Mooieklokjes Mar 3, 2018

I found the tritium also very yellow, but the watch is located in Mexico, which might explain the patina. But I'll ask for sure.

Thanks for your opinion!

4. Psych Mar 3, 2018

Nobody can tell you for sure whether or not the lume is original, but the dial has an extremely attractive appearance. You'll see from Speedmaster 101's price chart that the presence/absence of a DON bezel makes a big difference to the value of this reference.

Looks to me like a nice watch, but you could try to negotiate the price down a bit because of the bezel.

Mooieklokjes likes this.
  5. Toishome Mar 3, 2018

You lucky I have no money otherwise you would have some competition :cool: Its a sexy looking speedy ::love::

Mooieklokjes likes this.
  6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 3, 2018

nonuffinkbloke and Mooieklokjes like this.
  7. MaiLollo Mar 3, 2018

A 30,99m watch should have a DNN and not a DON. Very nice looking

nonuffinkbloke and Mooieklokjes like this.
  8. Mooieklokjes Mar 3, 2018

Thanks for this. That really changes my view to it. So he is an notorious seller for selling mixed-up pieces, and he now sells an attractive 145.022-69 with the wrong bezel... Maybe there are more parts mixed up.

Why is it so hard to find a good Speedy?

9. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Mar 3, 2018

It is not "the wrong bezel"

Mooieklokjes and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  10. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Mar 3, 2018

It’s really not that hard. Just have patience. Best advice I can give. Be patient.

Mooieklokjes and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  11. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 3, 2018

this.

that bezel is correct.
    the lume is original too...relumes will be fully consistent with color, and this has aged-looking inconsistencies -> small amounts of darkness (like the lume in the hands) near the edges. I find it attractive.

Regarding the thread I posted : was just interesting, and was fully neutral toward the seller. It’s obvious doesn’t know what he is talking about (Ie this is marketed as a ‘transitional’ ::facepalm2::) but luckily his pics are good and we have eyes. If his ratings span longer than 1 month and the rest of his account looks kosher ... i.e. do your diligence.

Edit : Case looks sharp, crown looks correct, movement has some discoloration (most likely same reason why the hands are dark and the lume pumpkiny -> humidity), but the screwheads look untouched. I think this looks nice.

Edited Mar 3, 2018
  12. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 3, 2018

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit : @Mooieklokjes we usually grab pics and put them in the thread so that in future when links go dead there is still context to the thread...

Edited Mar 3, 2018
  13. Toishome Mar 3, 2018

Thank you. Was getting dizzy going back and forth looking at the pics.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  14. gdupree Mar 3, 2018

Was wondering when this would get posted here. Looks pretty attractive imo, but the seller sends up some cautionary flags for sure.

You might also have competition from me if the timing were right, and if the seller could convince me of legitimacy

15. MaiLollo Mar 4, 2018

I think that if the conditions were right, we'd all face a lot of competition on this one ;)

16. Mooieklokjes Mar 4, 2018

Thanks, I misunderstood about the bezel. I'm a Speedy novice ;) . So this transitional came with the DON or DNN bezel?

I find the pictures reassuring, since they are in high quality. A seller who knows he's got something to hide wouldn't post such nice pictures I reckon.

About the tritium on the dial, it could be original indeed. Good point about the inconsistencies in the tritium.

17. Mooieklokjes Mar 4, 2018

Haha sorry, I'll post them immediately in the thread next time.

18. Mooieklokjes Mar 4, 2018

Gentlemen, I'm convinced enough about the legitimacy to make the seller an offer. To be continued!

mr_yossarian and eugeneandresson like this.
  19. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 4, 2018

A ‘transitional’ (or transitional) will be a 145.022-68 (or 145.012-68, but let’s not go down there just yet)...it will have an applied metal Omega logo, long indices, DON, and will be visually indistinguishable from its 321 caliber predecessors. This is not a transitional. But it is from the period when they were changing over from DON to DNN bezels. So this reference can contain both bezel types, and a third...the elusive and rare ‘220’ misprint which is correct for ‘69s within a 3 month window.

Here is an excellent drool-inducing thread about transitionals : https://omegaforums.net/threads/transition-to-the-transitional.47466/

Edited Mar 4, 2018