Forums Latest Members

What about the Limited edition Liquidmetal Planet Ocean today ?

1. metalgear Aug 20, 2014

Hi long time lurker but first post here, need some advice before I pull the trigger. I have a collection of vintage speedmasters and seamasters, last acquired a modern speedmaster a year back, and now looking at a modern seamaster to complete the set.

The current Ti PO's look great, and seems to be the real mccoy inside. However I still seem to have the hump for the origianl liquidmetal limited edition. Not sure if its psychological or emotional, but it had a real big impact on me when it was launched.

I'm aware about all the debates about the innards etc. but I think the slimmer profile of the original limited edition version suits me better. (Or I may be just hung up with that particular watch like an ex-flame...)

So before i pull the trigger I just wanted to get a few opinions on whether its still a wise choice to go for the Limited Edition 2500 LM PO, especially since its far easier and cheaper to get a current LM PO with an updated movement.

MarcInVA and empdx like this.
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 20, 2014

dont hesitate - pull the trigger!!

This is one watch i wish i had never sold! A stunning piece and will always have a good resale value!

3. repoman Aug 20, 2014

My opinion, go for the LM 2500, I have the same tingly feelings about that fine piece of horology. :)

sensui, River and DLT222 like this.
  4. metalgear Aug 20, 2014

thanks for the vote of confidence... i'm inching towards the edge now :)

also is there an available crystal case back - original or aftermarket - that I could fit on the limited edition LM PO 2500? will be fun to flip this over when discussing with a fellow WIS, and also to preserve the original caseback.

5. Spy You know my name. Aug 22, 2014

Personally for me, I would get the LM PO. I prefer the darker bezel and LM.

Alex_TA likes this.
  6. Superdoc Aug 22, 2014

IMG_0609.JPG

Either you get this one...or you'll be chasing it the rest of your watch collecting life...

This has everything you could possibly want.... Black LM (not Blue)....RED Seamaster (not orange)...that shiny finish, slim (enough) case and perfect proportions....applied hour markers, Sporty, casual, formal (think bond QOS) ... like I've said...if ever forced to give up the rest of the collection...this one could be the one and only...

I've had a number of 2500 Omega.... not ever one problem...

7. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Aug 22, 2014

oh god, this thread has got me wanting one :confused:

WatchShopping, Helena and arkstfan like this.
  8. msp1518 Aug 22, 2014

What do these run today? Damn that is stunning.

9. jcmartinez98 Aug 23, 2014

Anyone else agree that the submariner has NOTHING on this watch?

Blackdog, Alphasports, richiv and 6 others like this.
  10. Lode_Runner Aug 23, 2014

100 percent agree. I would grab this one in a second over the new one, also. It's proportions are much better. I have the non-limited edition version (2201.50), and would snag this limited one while you can, it's rare (I think they only made about 2,000 units), and in good condition they can go for more than a brand new PO with the 8500 movement.

11. Superdoc Aug 23, 2014

sorry....hopefully this is seen as an inspiration...not a tease....

IMG_1615.JPG IMG_1630.JPG IMG_1623.JPG IMG_1639.JPG

12. metalgear Aug 24, 2014

An inspirational tease.!

It looks grey in those shots... So the liquidmetal isn't just a stark black but also interacts with the surrounding light?

The blue lume shot is mesmerizing...

Euxinus likes this.
  13. anselmw Aug 25, 2014

the black ceramic is shiny vs the matte finish on the current po ceramic black bezel. The current po lm tit is similar. I would personally get the PO LM LE. This is from someone who missed getting one, then purchased the new LM 3 hand and chronograph. Then having to go to the resale front to find the LE.

14. metalgear Aug 25, 2014

In my search I've also discovered that the LE also has a big following with the "underground" watch makers, in fact the LMPO LE is a very highly regarded replica! Caveat emptor.

15. metalgear Sep 3, 2014

pulled the trigger, thanks for all the help!

[​IMG]

16. anselmw Sep 3, 2014

Nice choice! I am wearing mine today except on rubber strap.

17. gippo Sep 13, 2014

The best modern diver ! Congrats ::love::

[​IMG]

keisuke_z, Sheepdog812, sky21 and 6 others like this.
  18. ctime3 Sep 13, 2014

I waited to see the new seamaster
    master co axial in person and that was enough for me. Definitely getting the blue liquid m in 42mm. I put the whole anti mag or die saying out of my head. And I just like the overall everything of the liquid metal.

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  19. anselmw Sep 13, 2014

[​IMG]

Love this PO.

richiv, keisuke_z, Oppo and 3 others like this.
  20. sarir97 Sep 23, 2014

[​IMG]

Mine says hello. It's a keeper -- wonder what it'll be worth when I eventually pass it down to junior ...