Forums Latest Members
  1. robinsta Nov 9, 2017

2. WYO_Watch Nov 9, 2017

I don’t usually say much about sellers’ prices. People buy what they want and there is a bit of a tax for people not shopping around.

I have noticed that auctions containing specific years (1984 in this case) tend to be a few hundred dollars more. The watch is in great condition, but I am positive you can find an 84 cheaper elsewhere.

3. panaitchrono Nov 10, 2017

Always you'll find a better price..:) ..but if you really desire a watch and don't want to wait anymore...;). Anyway I think it's better to wait for an auction style. I saw that on auctions tend to has a lower end price.

4. gdupree Nov 10, 2017

Looks correct from what is visible, and great condition, but is a mid-80's model. Not an ultra collectible model (it ain't collectable... until it's collectable), but it looks practically new. I'd still ask to see a movement shot.

It's high on the price, but as others have mentioned, it's really more about what the price means to you. If its "the one," and you'd rather just click a button, no one would think worse of you for it. I'd bet you could talk him off the price at least to the low $4000's. Still would be on the high side, but better.

SteveB likes this.