What’s the best bit of life advice/tip you’ve ever received?

Be nice to people on your way up. You may be meeting them again on your way down.

Like 11
"A Smile and a Handshake costs you nothing but pays dividends."

Like 6
For introverts: don't worry about what to say, ask the other person about themself. Everybody likes to talk about themself.

Try not to be an asshole. Just because you occasionally fail, don't quit trying.

My own personal favorite: I cut it twice and it's still too short!

Edit: one more, don't be afraid to say "i'm sorry."
Edited:

Like 7
One is to read “How To Make Friends and Influence People” and commit to its principles. Another “Its OK to maintain a shit list of people who have wronged you. Write them in, put it into a drawer and MOVE ON.”

Like 5
I was in hospital bed. I was there due to bad choices on my part. Things were bleak at that time I had a female speaking into my left ear but it was more speaking to my soul. I was intubated at the time so couldn’t respond. In the morning a respiratory therapist with a bad attitude (guy) came in to remove my tubes. My throat hurt like hell but I asked him who was the girl with the amazingly sweet voice who spoke to me last night. He looked at me and said no one and even if someone had I was in a medically induced coma so I would not have remembered.
I remember some of the words but the peace and forgiveness are what really struck me. That was over 20 years ago and I still recall it. Somebody wasn’t talking to me they were talking into me if that makes sense. Oh snap I feel the Rev Gary Davis commin now I have no idea if it was the drugs they had me on or some other worldly event

Like 8
Some gems from my maternal grandmother who passed away at 102. I miss her every day.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." (And she really did live by the Golden Rule)

"Procrastination is the thief of time."

"Never take away someone's hope. It might be all that they have left."

And my personal favorite: "Pass it on." When my mother divorced my alcoholic father, I was in the third grade and my brother was two years younger. Our older sister had moved out, our home was in foreclosure, my mother had no job, no money, and we had nowhere to turn. My grandmother took us all in, raised my brother and me while my mother worked, and was always there no matter what. She encouraged me to dream and I went on from a rural high school to one of the nation's best universities and then later to law school. When I told her much later in life how grateful I was for everything that she had done for us, her response was simply "Pass it on." I've never forgotten that answer or the example that she set.

Like 33
The way to make a million dollars out of boats is start with two and get out quick.
Financial planning:
The last Cheque you should write should be for your funeral and that should bounce.
Definition of marriage:
Find someone you hate and buy them a house.

Like 1
Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

The other one I try to live by is leave this place a better place than you found it, aspirational I know but you always need to work on something.

Like 2
There are no free rides in this life & no one is going to knock your door offering one - my father to me the day I stated working with him ( I was 15 yrs old at the time & he took me out of school at the easter holidays ) . It took me a few years to understand what he meant by this statement & I’ve always lived by it . In other words ,if you want something in life you will need to work for it .

Like 2
“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” ― Henry Ford

A guide of my life since I was 40 years old. Later in my life, after heavy health-problems: leaving the job, buying a house in Southern France. Now: less buying things with "consequental problems" - enjoying nature and sport.

Like 4
Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.
I Heard It Through The Grapevine

Like 1
…… oh, and my Father said ‘don’t piss into the wind’, sound advice.

Like 1
Following the thread I'd say..

..Don't eat yellow snow
Don't poke the bear..

Be kind

Like 5
Be kind, Everyone you meet is fighting a battle

You have diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain

Like 1
Always spend your money on things you can sell and you will never be short.

Like 3
The best things in life are free
The next best things are crazy expensive
Shit can be had dirt cheap

When hen crows on dung heap in the morning, day can not be good.

(anonymous Chinese wise man)

Like 1