Forums Latest Members

Western MA GTG #2 - Field Trip

1. Kreindog24 Apr 8, 2017

So @ahartfie and I planned our first WMA GTG Field Trip for some Vietnamese food and a trip to a local watchmaker, Smith and Son, in Springfield, MA. While the food was great at Bamboo House...Tofu and spicy mixed veggies over noodles
    IMG_1896.JPG

And we got to try on some Speedies at the store...

IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1904.JPG IMG_1903.JPG IMG_1901.JPG

The watchmaker we wanted was coming back from vacation today from Florida so the mystery of what is under the hood of this newly purchased front loader Seamaster stays a secret for a few more days...

IMG_1906.JPG

Adam did get his bracelet on his Connie replaced so all was not lost! A great day with a watch buddy.... what could be better? (Well...I guess I actually could have bought the Speedmasters, which @ahartfie was certainly trying to enable!) Hope everyone has an equally great weekend! Take care

Mad Dog, ahartfie and Jwit like this.
  2. Kreindog24 Apr 8, 2017

BTW- Calling all watch enthusuastists from the Northeast. We are planning a May GTG.

PM @ahartfie or @Kreindog24 to let us know if you're interested and what dates work. Thanks!!

ahartfie likes this.
  3. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Apr 8, 2017

Now why is it that 2 hours with a like-minded enthusiast feels like 2 minutes while 2 minutes at work feels like 2 hours?

I also got a chance to show Chris the Omega and Zenith boxes I didn't bring to our first GTG, along
    with some Polywatch and the UV flashlight. His Tudor glowed nicely. I subjected him to my driving after I was too tall to be his passenger (and didn't think to try lowering the seat, duh) and we were on our way.

I also had the other half of my integrated bracelet removed from my Constellation as I just couldn't loosen the screw here at home. I gave it a good ultrasonic bath when I got home and was kind of grossed out. I like the design of the watch to be chunky and funky, not the water in the cleaner afterward. I'm letting it dry overnight for reassembly tomorrow. I don't wear it all the time but I have missed it being in active rotation.

ConElPueblo and Kreindog24 like this.
  4. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Apr 8, 2017

No Dunkin'? ::confused2::

Kreindog24 and ahartfie like this.
  5. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Apr 8, 2017

We passed two on the way. Next time!

Kreindog24 and Mad Dog like this.