Forums Latest Members
  1. aesguerra Apr 16, 2015

and I wish I hadn't!!! It's gonna be a LONG TWO MONTHS!!! Haha

The primary reason for going to an authorized dealer to see the "Moonwatch" for myself was simple - I'm a little guy, and I had some concerns about how a 42mm case would look on my wrist. But the second I wrapped it around my skin, I just lost my breath! There I was with a little more than a bit of NASA history, in all its steel and hesalite glory, right on my wrist. It was far more impressive than I could've imagined, even after all the recent research I've done here on the forums!

Of course, it brought more dilemmas to the table (haha). The 3570.50 is far more true to its original form, the iconic timepiece that spent time on The Oceans Of Storms or Taurus-Littrow. Then there's the 3573.50, a bit better for everyday wear (which is my intention) with the sapphire Crystal, seemingly a bit slimmer in profile (maybe not true, but the more "fishbowl" appearance of the hesalite was very obvious to my eye), and being able to look into the beautiful intricacies of the watch's movement is a nice bonus.

As for which way to go, that dilemma will be dealt with when the time comes. But suffice it to say, seeing Omega's space gem with my own eyes has got me HOOKED!!!

Two months... I need a fast-forward button!!! Lol

Alex

2. repoman Apr 16, 2015

Why two months? That's why God invented 0% interest credit cards :D

You can't go wrong either way, both are equally awesome, pick the one you love the most and don't look back.

3. Maximus84 Apr 16, 2015

Yup, either are great - I ended up going for the Sapphire Sandwich. It's my daily wearer and I wanted the extra durability of the sapphire. The clear case back is also a massive bonus though!

4. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Apr 16, 2015

My first two Speedie purchases, and only new purchases, were the 3570.50 and Sapphire Sandwich on a leather strap with deployant buckle. These 2 purchases coupled with www.speedmaster101.com and "Moonwatch Only" led me down the sorry path of vintage Speedmaster addiction. Be very careful.

5. Norms Apr 16, 2015

one of us. one of us. one of us.

6. yinzerniner Apr 17, 2015

Ha, love the zombie references.
    But I'll echo an earlier sentiment in why two months? One of the ancillary benefits of the Speedy is that they're readily available from multiple outlets, so if you're inclined to have a classic on your wrist asap it's entirely doable.
    All trepidation aside you've made a wise choice. And yes, the "on wrist" fit and finish is impossible to replicate. Whenever you get yours, cherish it an wear it in good health.

7. aesguerra Apr 17, 2015

"Doable", yes. But at the same time, I'm holding myself to a few minimal standards in terms of condition, has papers, etc. In fact, I've brought them down a bit by accepting that "used" can be a good thing, and it doesn't have to be NIB (btw, that is one HUGE presentation box that it comes in!!!) All me research suggests $3000 is the rough-minimum I'll be working with, and I want to avoid going credit card if I can help it. I'm about halfway to the mark, savings wise.

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 17, 2015

yinzerniner and Flingit1200s like this.
  9. aesguerra Apr 17, 2015

Thanks Standy. :)

STANDY likes this.
  10. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 17, 2015

This is exactly the reactions and feeling everyone should have when buying a watch! True love at first sight :)
    Congrats and may the two months go fast!