Forums Latest Members

WellsFargo bank Transaction

1. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Mar 7, 2017

Hello All,

I am Writing this to you on behalf of my cousin. Here We Go,

He sold his Watch Omega to a person and the money Transfer was done Wirely via Wellsfargo Bank p.l.c, but there is something not right here.

The Bank states: Due to huge numbers of fraud in the past months, their policies have been change with regards to sellers and buyers:
    1)- Buyer sends money but it will be held by bank till the seller send a prove of shipping details. ( he did this)
    2)- When he did this he got this message:

Dear Esteemed Customer :

Your account because the Amount sent to you xxxxxxxx is Not Sufficient\Low for the your account.The Transfer Bouncing Back, So we will like you to Contact the buyer(xxxxxx) to send you more additional xxxxxxxxx for the total amount of (xxxxxxx).
    once she make additional payment of xxxxxxxx into your bank account for you to have sum of xxxxxxxx to be credit into your bank account,so we can proceed your money without any delay again.

You will make a refund of xxxxxxx to her back,for her to have her money back.

3)- The Bank asked him to send the refund of xxxxxxx via Western Union!!!!!!!!

Simple Question:

Was he Fraud ? or it is real ?

Your serious Reply are very important please

Thanks! :)

2. Lukeeesteve Mar 7, 2017

Banks do nothing police transactions like that (not that I'm aware of)

Has he actually contacted Wells Fargo to check if the transaction occurred? Don't use any links that appear via email.

Wait I reread the post and I misread. The rule I follow is money in first, then ship the watch. Fraud alert.

3. b-16707 Mar 7, 2017

The bank would not have such bad grammar and engrish.

watchknut, adi4, X350 XJR and 2 others like this.
  4. Lukeeesteve Mar 7, 2017

I thought it was my bad English that confused me when I read it.

5. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Mar 7, 2017

Thanks for the replies...actually he didnt but he will soon.

My self too, first time i see such a policy and tilting around with transaction

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 7, 2017

Yikes! Sorry your cousin gave away a watch like that. Banks transfer the money, and have no clue if it is for good that should be shipped. I did not need to read beyond "Dear Esteemed Customer" to know it was a fraud. But I did, and what followed threw even more red flags. That email reads like the bad Nigerian fraud email where they claim they need you to help them get $30 mil out of the country, and will pay you $5 mil for your help. I hope to heck your cousin did not give them his bank account info, or he will end up losing a lot more then just the watch. I'm sorry.

Omeg@007 likes this.
  7. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Mar 7, 2017

Indeed,,,,he was able to stop the shipment since it is still in Transit...Lets see what happens next!

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 7, 2017

Any correspondence from my bank is always addressed to me personally, first and last name.

9. yinzerniner Mar 7, 2017

Was about to post the same thing. Also, my banks send periodic emails stating that fact, that all official correspondence be it paper or electronic is always addressed directly to me and me only, never a blanket term.
    And the "Western Union" refund quip is also very suspicious. Why would Wells Fargo, which has its SurePay system, need to rely on a money wiring service?
    Fishy or Phish-y all around.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 7, 2017

The bank would never say western union. Plus a wire transfer with those conditions would not be held unless they had a hold on the funds.

Its a scam

11. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Mar 8, 2017

Thanks for all of you...

Thanks God everything now is under control.

12. Lukeeesteve Mar 8, 2017

Now what watch was he selling?

13. Uniqez Mar 8, 2017

Refound via western union....LOL...
    Nigerian brother from another mother is seeking for easy money.

14. U5512 Mar 8, 2017

Let's hope he can retrieve his watch back. Those aren't Wellsfargo's wiring policies.

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 8, 2017

Do not ship the watch till funds are in hand.

Rodmar likes this.
  16. Rodmar Mar 8, 2017

I didn't think people shipped anything to payment cleared :) isn't that standard protocol?

17. Lukeeesteve Mar 8, 2017

No. they open accounts in your name and take your money without telling you. :confused:

18. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Mar 9, 2017

As i mentioned earlier, the shipment is under-control and we will get it back, so no worries :)

19. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Mar 9, 2017

Exactly and i dont know why he did this. I was shocked to know that too! lool....he will learn from that now! lol

Rodmar likes this.