Forums Latest Members

Welcome my AT blue dial 38mm SS

1. rfcs Feb 15, 2021

Just purchased a brand new Seamaster Aqua Terra 38mm blue dial from my Omega Boutique AD at a 15% discount off list price plus sales tax. Got an Omega black pen as a bonus!

Absolutely love the fit and finish of this piece. This watch speaks to me and is looking like it will replace my Rolex Sub as my daily. (Only quibble is that I had a hard time setting the date function).

Opted for the blue dial (complex texture/grain) and the SS bracelet. This is the second Omega in my collection. My first is a Speedy (first Omega in space) with a leather NATO strap which I also bought from this AD.

I chose the AT over a Grand Seiko GMT (already own a Datejust) and a limited edition 60th anniv. after lots of research. Omega’s co axial movement allows for more intervals (5-10 yrs) between service vs. GS’s 3 yrs. Omega’s META certified movement is more accurate than GS’s high beat auto. Omega’s warranty is 5 yrs vs. GS’s 2 yrs. GS’s GMT is more expensive than the AT. But GS’s dials and clear finishes are superior than Omega’s but not by much. Omega is my winner.

4B59DEC7-0D55-448B-848C-81D73AF12E24.jpeg
    Edited Feb 16, 2021
  2. YY77 Feb 15, 2021

Welcome and congrats, we like pics so don't be shy. Also set yourself an avatar to be recognizable and stand out from the ones who only pass by.

rfcs and sleepyastronaut like this.
  3. sleepyastronaut Feb 15, 2021

Welcome!

I don't see a pic?

Awetaylor and rfcs like this.
  4. gnuyork Feb 16, 2021

Congrats. I recently tried on a couple ATs at the Omega Boutique. I was duly impressed. The silver dial and black dial were my favorites, but the blue was fantastic too. These are now on my radar.

5. RealFire Feb 16, 2021

Show us..

Awetaylor likes this.
  6. rfcs Feb 16, 2021

Posted a quick pic!

YY77 and sleepyastronaut like this.