Forums Latest Members

Weird Old Leather Rolex Box

1. Interstatetime Dec 30, 2016

I picked this box up at an antique shop the other day. Does anyone have an idea of its production date or what kind of Rolex watch might have come in it? The size is 5" x 3.75" x 1.75" or 12.7cm x 9.5cm x 4.4cm. Also, it has "Made in Italy" stamped into the leather edge on the bottom.

Thanks

JohnCote

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Dec 30, 2016
    Giff2577 and Vitezi like this.
  2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 30, 2016

Can you snap a picture of the bottom of the box?
    I am not familiar with Rolex Boxes being Made in Italy and stamped as such, or only using the gold coronet stamped on the inside... Also, the name Rolex is not written anywhere..
    There used to be a great website identifying different period ephemera called RolexEphemera but Rolex had it taken down for using their name.
    I am including a picture of an old box that I have that has the same wooden composition.
    f.jpg

Edited Dec 30, 2016
  3. Interstatetime Dec 30, 2016

Here is a picture of the "Made In Italy" on the bottom of the box. I have several Rolex boxes like the one in your photo. My impression is that the one I pictured is much older. I could be wrong but I have been looking at watch boxes for quite a while and I would say that mine is from the 40s or maybe the very early 50s....again I am ready to be wrong.

Thanks a lot for helping.

JohnCote

[​IMG]

4. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 30, 2016

We all learn something new everyday.. I will keep looking too!
    Thanks for the pic!