Forums Latest Members
  1. omar Aug 8, 2015

Hi all,

Some of you might know about my obsession for these PAF omegas ;) a new one popped up on eBay today, straight from Lahore Pakistan.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151771706782&globalID=EBAY-USPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

There's a few things that look odd with this one:

Case back seems to be missing the antimagnetic cover
    Serial number on movement does not match case back
    Case back is definitely PAF
    Movement is definitely PAF
    Movement is 285 which doesn't match case reference?

So.. Thoughts? Somebody exchanged case backs with another genuine PAF omega? Everything is fake?

I know there's a few experts around these parts ;)

2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Aug 8, 2015

Why would the authority responsible for machining the military markings into the back bother with the Seamaster name. Unless it was Omega, but then they would do it in the correct font wouldn't they. Smells a bit fishy, or am I just not trusting of anyone selling stuff on the weeb (I'm not you know....really)

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 8, 2015

IMO, it's phony for all the reasons stated above.

But I am not an expert.
    gatorcpa

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 8, 2015

case back is done recently with the numbers taken from another example. 135.004 caseback should look differently; just use google and you will see. it still can be original with caseback "civilized" after the military user "lost" it to make detection more difficult. but he did not know, that the mvmt. number is recorded with the issue papers at the MoD. kind regards. achim

5. omar Aug 8, 2015

Thanks Achim, as usual very knowledgeable!

Are you saying that the Pakistani MOD has records of the watches and the people they were issued to? I did not know that. Would help me in my quest of my grandfather's watch ref.

6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 8, 2015

if you can find somebody in Pakistan, to trawl the papertrail in the archives somewhere, you could be lucky. that might not work without bribes..... but it should be there, yes. good luck ! try to contacy "Sohail " here; he has some connections.... kind regards. ac him

omar likes this.
  7. codice86 Aug 9, 2015

How about this one here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400973840628Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Serial number on the back is 20476961, while the one on the movement seems to have been photoshopped (is matching in some of the pictures but is clearly 20476861 in one of the other)

$_57 (1).JPG $_57.JPG $_57 (2).JPG
  8. omar Aug 11, 2015

well, it's up to 3k+ already... Crazy.

Does the dial not look like it has been relumed as well? the markers definitely have a lot of "height" to them.

9. dualdo Aug 12, 2015

Asked about the missing dust cover and non matching numbers >>

"Dust cover missed place.
    Case back of series 135
    But the other things are of 2914 series."

regards Horst