Forums Latest Members
  1. Exiztence Jun 22, 2018

So there is an ongoing BIN auction for a very peculiar Speedmaster:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273176315835?ViewItem=&item=273176315835Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    or ch24
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/omega/sp...riting--original-decimal-bezel--id6292896.htm

At first I thought that the caseback is wrong and that it should have 145.022-68 caseback as it has AML dial, but on closer notice the SN is 2633.... while earliest 68s are 2655...., the serial does not correspond to 861 caliber at all but to 565 calibre per Omega. I still think its rather weird how much stacked up stuff ended up on this Speedmaster, the great looking vintage Decimal bezel is surely worth fortune given its rarity and great condition, straight caseback will probably fetch quite a sum too, AML dials are not cheap either so I guess what I am trying to say it might be good sum of parts for someone (for right price) even thought it is put together watch.

But do not be fooled, as I nearly was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pmontoyap Jun 22, 2018

That AML dial has short indexes, hence it is a replacement and not near as valuable as the original ones with long hour indexes. Just noting

wsfarrell and gdupree like this.
  3. gdupree Jun 22, 2018

Interesting... I mean, it's obviously not a cal 565, so there must be some discrepancy there, right?

I haven't seen an actual vintage decimal bezel in some time now, I don't know what they go for. With the serial, AML dial, and straight writing case back, it has to be a hodge-podge of parts... but it happens to be of very cool parts.

4. Exiztence Jun 22, 2018

Didnt notice the short indices with AML, good point!

5. gdupree Jun 22, 2018

Good catch. Didn't notice that on first look either... So is that what they used as a service replacement, prior to luminova? MWO only says "seldom seen dial, probably very limited distribution"

6. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 22, 2018

How did you ascertain the the serial was for a 565? I presume you didn't apply for an extract.

gdupree likes this.
  7. Exiztence Jun 22, 2018

I asked in Archives. Also the watch is now sold, I assume someone from here wanted it as it was on eBay for weeks. So glad I could be of Service.

Given the recent sale od decimal in poor condition for 2500$ I assume this watch was bought for the bezel mostly ;)

Went for 4000e in case anyone curious