Forums Latest Members

Weight of a Professional Moonwatch 3570.50.00.

1. Lakeguy48045 Oct 18, 2014

New to the forum and looking to replace my Tag Heuer with an Omega that is similar to size and feel and looking at the moonwatch 3570.50.00. Can anyone tell me the weight of this time piece? My current watch is 3.95oz(112grams). Thanks for your help!

watch.jpg
  2. alam Oct 18, 2014

I suspect the Speedmaster will be a few grams heavier due to its inherent quality, but everyone who owns one appears to be very happy to carry all that extra weight.... ;)

Fusion and TLIGuy like this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 19, 2014

Mine is 116 grammes with an Omega mesh bracelet.

Feels fine, not a bit cluncky at all.

4. Lakeguy48045 Oct 19, 2014

Thanks. I like the heavier feel of my Tag and looking for something similar. I know I should see one in person but I think I will be happy just ordering.

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 19, 2014

I think what will need adjustment from your old Tag is not the weight (which I suspect not too far difference) but how you use it daily. As a manual movement watch, you need to wind daily rather than just use it and let your wrist movement wind your watch in automatic watch.
    I found winding a manual watch ritual is fascinating. But not everybody share it.

6. Lakeguy48045 Oct 19, 2014

Thanks
    Thanks for the information. I had to replace the battery in the Tag about every 18 months and that was it. I love the moonwatch and cant wait to get it.

7. George.A Oct 21, 2014

When I bought my 2nd Speedy I had a Breitling Colt on which is a rather heavy watch (160 grams). Naturally, when I tried the Speedy on it felt so light, almost uncomfortable. After a few day while I only worn my Speedy, the Breitling felt too heavy :).
    Comparing 2 different watches in terms of weight can be useful to a certain point, but if they are both neither too light or too heavy, in most cases I think it's mostly a matter of time for getting used to that watch, and how it feels and wears.