Forums Latest Members

[Weekend score] Longines Nautilus Skin Diver

1. 7am Feb 1, 2016

On the weekend (Friday after work, close enough) I had my paths cross with this watch :D
    To be honest, I don't know much about it and in trying to research it brought me to these forums.

What I do know:
    It's 40mm, the bezel does not rotate and appears to be bakelite.
    The watch runs and keeps time to +/- <1 minute per 24 hours
    It's an automatic movement and googling it tells me that many people love this watch but not too much more about it's history or lineage.

I'm not sure if it's a redial or not, I'm always suspect of watches of this age but for what I picked it up for I'm not too worried :D

Can you tell me something about this watch?

5 - JZdUl2b.jpg 6 - hDFQi6F.jpg 1 - fXxdNFF.jpg

omegasaso12 and Giff2577 like this.
  2. Hijak Feb 1, 2016

Congratulations on a nice pick up!:thumbsup: Sounds like you got a good deal...and in my opinion the dial looks fine. The case is a little polished and I believe this bezel should turn in at least one direction (might have dirt back there and be gummed up), nothing a service wouldn't fix. Hands look to be in nice shape too, lume and all. With a sympathetic service from an independant watchmaker this will turn out very nice.

7am likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Feb 1, 2016

It looks like a Nautilus dive watch, the bezel should rotate, and PLEASE GET IT SERVICED as it's undoubtably in need of one. You'll damage the movement inside by running it dirty and without oil.

4. 7am Feb 1, 2016

Awesome, that makes me feel better about the dial. I'm hoping the dial is just dirt and not glued dow as it's not centered and that will bug me.
    I'm guessing this watch has some value to it as I've been offered a couple really sweet watches in trade by people already.... I just can't find anything about it other than some referenced ebay links with expired auctions.

This is the fun part of watch collecting for me, finding sweet watches that turn out to be cooler than you thought when you bought them :D

DaveK likes this.
  5. 7am Feb 1, 2016

Of course! :D The guy who owned it wore it daily and then bought a late 80s President so he no longer wanted this one. I doubt it's been serviced in years.

6. calalum Feb 1, 2016

Great pick up. Enjoy it.

7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 1, 2016

Nice score! But remember, you'll never go broke taking a profit, so I'll give you $50 more than you paid. :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, it looks correct to me, and that model doesn't come on the market very often.

8. ulackfocus Feb 1, 2016

I'll double that! :p

9. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 1, 2016

You and your trust fund.

ulackfocus likes this.
  10. 7am Feb 1, 2016

Can I pick the currency? :p

Haha. I've watched enough Storage wars to know that one of you will bid the other up here...

Not sure if it's for sale yet, bought it because I liked it, might hold onto it till I can replace it with something I want.

11. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 2, 2016

Congrats-- just curious, how did you come across it? was it in a bricks and mortar shop, a yard sale, the internet, from someone you know...? (no specifics needed if confidential). It's always fun to hear where people find good stuff...

ConElPueblo likes this.
  12. 7am Feb 2, 2016

Brick and mortar store run by someone I know.

13. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 2, 2016

No one has dibsed this yet? Well dibs!

14. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 2, 2016

Good for you, enjoy it.

15. 7am Feb 2, 2016

Sorry, Pending payment it's sold. A long time member here made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I'm not one for keeping people from the watches they dream of.

16. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Feb 2, 2016

Very well. All I really needed was the bezel. ;)
    [​IMG]

Mr.Cairo likes this.