Forums Latest Members
  1. calalum May 31, 2017

Any guidance on good restaurants in Rome? Staying near the Villa Medici.

Thanks all.

CajunTiger likes this.
  2. kidkimura May 31, 2017

Antica pesa. Without a doubt my favorite meal in Rome. Also one in Brooklyn run by the other brother. Nearly as good.

3. Cad290 May 31, 2017

Acquolina, just ate there last week. Beautiful rooftop spot with a great tasting menu for 45 euro

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 31, 2017

Cant go wrong with Chow Hound.com. Served us well a few years ago.

5. philh May 31, 2017

Without knowing what style of restaurant you are seeking it is difficult to provide advice. We stayed in a hotel on Piazza Navona in November and walked the city for 5 days.I had a list of restaurants I had researched before we set off and we only ate in one.There are so many fantastic places to eat that my advice is just follow your instinct,avoid tourist traps around major sites and you will have a ball.We walked from our Hotel to Villa Medici and there were lots of small family style restaurants around packed with locals which is a good sign. We ate at restaurants behind Piazza Navona heading towards the Tiber and the one that sticks in my memory was called Da Francesco on Piazza del Fico which is a no frills sort of place but the food was good in a rustic way and the place was packed on a wet Tuesday evening.
    My main suggestion though is a little hole in the wall sort of place in the Trastevere district called Suppli on Via di S Francesco di Ripa where they serve fantastic Suppli (deep fried balls of rice stuffed with savoury fillings) and pizza.It is street food at its best and you just have to dive into the throng of locals all getting lunch and get yourself to the counter to place your order.We ate that night at a 1 star michelin restaurant which whilst nice lacked the joy of eating we had encountered at lunch

6. calalum May 31, 2017

Thanks all.

7. micampe May 31, 2017