Forums Latest Members
  1. bz0123 Apr 4, 2019

It's coming up on time for a water-resistance check on my Omega. I'm not sure how to best do this. There is no service center in my state. There is an Omega Boutique over an hour away. There is authorized dealer about a half an hour away, but I didn't buy it there. I also don't know any good repair shops around here. I'm pretty new to the area, and I'm sure whether I need to go to someone authorized by Omega.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 5, 2019

It doesn't have to be someone authorized by Omega - it's more important that they have the right test equipment.

I don't know what watch you need tested, but this thread will show you the various tests that are done:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/pressure-testing-a-watchco-sm300.45375/

If it's the Mk. II in your avatar, then the dry test is sufficient, and it would not need a high pressure wet test.

Cheers, Al

bz0123 likes this.
  3. bz0123 Apr 5, 2019

Thanks. It is the Mark II. I doubt it really needs tested. I don't swim with it or even shower with it. I don't think it has ever really been wet or will be. I have a cheap Sieko that I use for swimming, etc. The most water the Mark II will probably ever see is rain, and I have an umbrella. But for a cheap test, might as well do it.

4. drhombus24 Apr 5, 2019

Where are you located, maybe someone might have a recommendation near you?

bz0123 likes this.
  5. bz0123 Apr 5, 2019

Joliet, IL.