Water damage inside movement?

Hi all, the search for my first omega continues. I found a 70s de vllle, but in the photo showing the movement it looks like there is some corrosion which has me concerned for water damage? Should this even be a concern in a manual movement? Thanks in advance!!

5BC23D25-8432-4806-8BBC-4C33FC010634.jpeg F500C6C6-1E63-4FD0-9FD7-19D8A7CE17F6.jpeg

The movement looks pretty clean from what I can see. Where are you seeing corrosion? By the crown? Can you show a better photo?

If the tarnish (it’s not rust), on the back side of the dial has you concerned, I don’t think you have much to worry about. The dial faces up quite nicely. You said, ”should this (I assume you mean rust) be a concern in a manual movement?” The only timepiece that shouldn’t be bothered by water is a sundial! Rust in a watch of any description should be avoided!

If the tarnish (it’s not rust), on the back side of the dial has you concerned, I don’t think you have much to worry about. The dial faces up quite nicely. You said, ”should this (I assume you mean rust) be a concern in a manual movement?” The only timepiece that shouldn’t be bothered by water is a sundial! Rust in a watch of any description should be avoided!

Ah, thank you for educating me on this distinction. I thought the discoloration on the perimeter of the backside of the dial was corrosion/rust, but I’m relieved that you feel it is just tarnish.

Hey, sundials corrode too you know...