Forums Latest Members

Watchshopping.com experiences?

1. wig21 Mar 12, 2019

Hello all,

New to the forum, long time omega lover.

I have an older Seamaster Deville that was my grandfathers, but I am looking to get a new Aqua Terra and I am very interested in the options watchshopping.com has to offer.

My question is does anyone have experience with the site and how has it been? Everything come in as noted, authentic?

I appreciate the feedback.

Edited Mar 12, 2019
  2. wig21 Mar 12, 2019

I was told in a me of the other forum areas that this might be where I want to post this. If not please let me know. I am new to the forums and still figuring the rules out.

drd likes this.
  3. WatchShopping Mar 12, 2019

wig21 likes this.
  4. wig21 Mar 12, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback! I will check out the information provided and look ok forward to working with you.

5. WatchShopping Mar 12, 2019

Of course! Let me know if you have any questions.

6. Escaped Nov 9, 2019

Watchshopping.com is in the business of doing a bait-and-switch. I ordered an expensive Rolex Sky Dweller from them, and received something that did not match the pictures they sent me before purchase exactly. Specifically, they advertised that they would include a valid warranty card from Rolex, but I received a warranty card that was blank on one side.

I contacted them about this, and proposed multiple solutions including returning the watch for a refund per their advertised 14-day return policy and money-back-guarantee. Initially they said they will take it back, but not refund me in full, but later said they just would not take it back because they already have "too many" Sky Dwellers at the moment. That is NOT how a return policy works! And I also paid a premium for a complete set including a valid warranty card, and I did not receive what I paid for or promised, which is a clear bait-and-switch.

If I do not receive a full resolution here, I will be filing a civil suit per my attorney's advice. But regardless, I would highly suggest staying away from this company for your purchases. Liann Ho was my contact at the company. She is nice until you purchase the watch, but turns around as soon as you do. She will often be "contacting the managers" for a resolution, but will not be helpful. A highly corrupt operation, this, with an absolutely horrendous customer service when things go wrong.

Avoid at all costs!

tumbler, Farmer, NGO1 and 3 others like this.
  7. Walrus Nov 9, 2019

Thank you it’s good to hear the inside scoop.

8. Texans93 Nov 12, 2019

I purchased a watch from them earlier this year. It was delivered with all warranty cards, and all accessories that were supposed to be included. I had the watch checked out at an OB and all was in order. Saved me a lot of $, and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. I too was hesitant before making the purchase and I had a ton of questions but all were answered quickly and put my mind at ease. Just my .02...good luck!

9. WatchShopping Nov 15, 2019

Hi Stanley,

By using the words “bait-and-switch,” you are causing serious negative effects on our company and brand. Before we packed and shipped out your watch, we carefully inspected your watch and ensured that you received a full set watch. We have video evidence of providing you with a valid Rolex warranty card containing information filled out on both sides of the warranty card, not just only on one side. We are unsure of what happened after you received your watch and warranty card, or why the warranty card you have is blank, but we cannot be liable for prints disappearing off the warranty card, especially since it was present when it left our building to be shipped to your destination.

We have never had this problem with any other warranty cards, including the ones that were shipped out on the same day as your purchase. It is completely inaccurate to accuse us of any other oils/solvents being on the hands (other than what is naturally secreted in humans) since our packing staff washes their hands with soap before packing.

Moreover, the reason we are unable to provide you with a refund is due to our company policy. As stated on our Returns/Exchanges website page: “All special order items are not returnable. (Special order = products more than $10,000.)“. Additionally, for defective items we normally work together with customers and provide a solution, but please understand that in your case we shipped out a full set watch to you and would not be able to take the return back (despite our return policy) since we cannot guarantee that you left the watch in the same condition as it was sent out. Despite this being the case, we tried offering assistance by following your suggested solutions. As mentioned in our previous conversations, we are unable to provide you with sensitive documents due to our company policy and, without providing too much information, the other party would not lend us a hand in assisting you.

https://www.watchshopping.com/returns-exchanges

10. Walrus Nov 15, 2019

Thanks for the warning good to know not to give you business. If someone drops over 10k and you are ok with a bait and switch good luck with that. Just took you off the mailing list.

kev1976t, Farmer, mayankyadav and 2 others like this.
  11. Meme-Dweller Nov 15, 2019

What do you mean that one side of the warranty card was blank? And why did Watchshopping take a video of themselves packing and shipping out a Sky-Dweller and claim that it's possible for printing to disappear off a modern Rolex warranty card?

What is happening here, I don't even--

POST A PIC OF THE WARRANTY CARD (redact the serial no. if you must)!

12. WatchShopping Nov 19, 2019

We are not entirely sure how the warranty card ended up blank once it was received either as it was completely filled out on both sides with the standard Rolex print when we shipped it out to him. Despite this case being extremely odd given Rolex’s quality and the first time we have ever heard of this situation, we tried helping out multiple times. We tried following the given suggestions and even taking extra steps to help such as contacting Rolex themselves, but even the representatives have never heard of such a case after working there for a long time.

We inspect and document each watch before we ship out to our customers to ensure quality and for insurance purposes. Had there been an issue with his order, we would have contacted him to let him know as we do with our other customers.

Here are pictures of his warranty card with the serial number partially redacted:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
  13. Escaped Nov 27, 2019

And this is the card that was in the package:
    [​IMG]

I have several pictures of the card timestamped to within the hour of the package delivery time for proof. I also contacted them right away. The emails took various forms over several days. Multiple promises of contacting various departments of the company, and coming up with various excuses as to why nothing could be done. As I had been told, they cannot even hide behind their flimsy return policy (quoted above by them), since it is a term of the sale contract, which they breached by not delivering the goods as promised. Per my attorney, I have an excellent chance of winning the lawsuit, but they once again make things harder here by incorporating the company in Delaware (probably to unscrupulously avoid taxes) while being physically based in California and selling to all over the country (I'm not located in either of those states, so I have to do an additional step before filing the civil suit). This is all such a headache, but I am going through with it so they will stop doing this to others.

14. Walrus Nov 27, 2019

Yup Delaware is very good on taxes for businesses. That’s why many banks have headquarters in Delaware. Very strange they don’t have a physical presence yet can inc. there. Who knows maybe it’s common but the two “watch stores” I did business with didn’t do that. Sucks you are going through all this all you wanted was to use your hard earned money for a watch.

15. WatchShopping Dec 11, 2019

Hi Stanley,

We have reached out to multiple Rolex representatives to try to assist your request, but all the experienced representatives said they have never heard of your situation before. We hope you understand that our assistance can only go as far as to what Rolex is willing to do for us. We apologize that your request cannot be fulfilled.

Please keep in mind again that we did not ship out a blank warranty card to you. If you take a closer look at the photos that we sent you and the actual warranty card you have on hand, you can see that the back is identical to yours.

The warranty card was fully filled out on both sides when we packaged and shipped out the watch and warranty card to you. The photos you sent us after you claimed that you can “see it fade before your eyes” shows that there was the original ink present initially when you received the watch and warranty card.

Once again, we apologize that we are not able to provide you with a replacement warranty card as our assistance can only go as far as Rolex is willing to help us.

1.jpg 2.jpg
  16. kcgunner May 5, 2020

This a horror story. So glad I looked for some reviews on this company. I'm sorry for the incident but at least others won't make the same mistake. Best of luck. Truly horrible that they won't honor refund in this matter. Terrible customer service.

17. Vig2000 May 13, 2020

At this point, it doesn't matter if "WatchShopping" is being truthful or not. The way they're treating Escaped is enough for me. Their cavalier attitude is enough to make you run — not walk — away. I keep a detailed spreadsheet of sellers to never deal with, and WatchShopping has the distinct pleasure of being added to it.

89-0 likes this.
  18. mjb May 13, 2020

What an odd turn of events. A perfectly valid warranty card that mysteriously fades out after a few days. Could it be - and I'm just speculating here - could it be fraudulent? I wonder, did "Escaped" have the watch authenticated by a Rolex Service Center to make sure that it is genuine? That would be my big concern. I'd also like to see the other side of the warranty card.

I suspect that the buyer would have a heck of a time winning any kind of civil suit, and I would wonder if the cost of the suit would justify the result, but I can understand pursuing them just on the principle of the thing. Since it was 6 months ago, I wonder what happened?

19. killer67 May 13, 2020

another newer grey market dealer but with a non standard return/restocking policy. Shop around and ask questions first; there are plenty of options.

20. timoss May 13, 2020

Have you contacted your credit card company to dispute the charge? Your cc company is predisposed to side with you...