Forums Latest Members
  1. Davidt Feb 3, 2014

Evening all.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good watchmakers in the north of England, ideally in the Yorkshire region. My 'new' 1966 321 Speedy arrived this week and although it's keeping great time now it will obviously need a service at some point. If possible I'd rather use someone who comes with recommendations due to the value/rarity of the movement.

Thanks

David

2. Mathlar Feb 3, 2014

Genesis Watchmaking are near Carlisle and Duncan is very good. I didn't use him for a Speedy; instead 2 automatics but his work was very good.

Alternatively, if you are prepared to post it then stefan in London is one of our resident watchmakers.

3. michael e Still learning. Feb 3, 2014

Eyup!
    I wouldn't restrict yourself to the Yorkshire region for a service on your 321, I am sure you want the best job done, I know members on here have sent 321s to>

Christian Dannemann

and

C.G.B. LTD fao: Stefansson

and

Swiss time services

[all adresses removed for security]

These guys seem to know what they are doing with a 321. All you have to do is post your watch Royal mail special delivery (I use the Royal mail silver special delivery envelope) with a covering letter, although I would call first. And make sure you keep your watch original as possible.
    Hope this helps.

4. Mothra Feb 3, 2014

Definitely call first - i know Christian has recently had to introduce a booking system to restrict things to the number of watches he can secure....

5. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Feb 3, 2014

I'm not sure Christian would want his address published - he usually just sends it to people who arrange to send a watch. Maybe Stefan too?

6. Mathlar Feb 3, 2014

I'm sure they wouldn't, due to the risks that arise from this being publicly available. Perhaps michael e could edit his post, before the mods do so?

7. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 3, 2014

SWiss Time Services can't currently service 321s as Swatch are stopping them doing it. They are trying to get the decision reversed.

8. Davidt Feb 3, 2014

Thanks for all the input gents, very much appreciated.

9. michael e Still learning. Feb 3, 2014

Apologies if this was the wrong thing to do.
    Sorry about that.