Forums Latest Members

Watchmaker in Indianapolis?

1. Redwheelbarrow Mar 28, 2014

Forum veterans -- can anyone possibly recommend a watchmaker in Indianapolis, Indiana? Yes I realize you may be wondering why people live in this part of the world. It's a long story and it pretty much boils down to this: I love watches too. But I'm having a heck of time finding a reliable expert nearby. Any suggestions? :thumbsdown:

2. Moeris Mar 28, 2014

I live in Indy as well, but I usually send my watches to Al (Archer) for service.

It would be interesting to see if there's a recommended watchmaker in the Indy area. I don't know of anyone.

3. Redwheelbarrow Mar 28, 2014

I'm seeking someone who can examine and assess a watch in one day. When I have a significant repair or rebuild, Archer will be first in mind. But for times when I have a small or medium-sized job and don't have several weeks to wait, I'd like to develop a good relationship with a local watchmaker. So far I've only found jewelers who's expertise extends to changing watch batteries. Can anyone help us out?

4. rbob99 Sep 29, 2019

I will be visiting my nephews in Indianapolis in a couple of weeks, and I'm giving each of them a watch. The watches have ss bracelets that will need adjustment. Can anybody recommend a watchmaker in Indianapolis to size the bracelets?