Forums Latest Members
  1. isaac.owen.nz Nov 21, 2017

took these back in 2007 when i used to bus into the city and walk around taking pictures of everything i found interesting.
    rediscovered them recently looking through an old Harddrive and thought id share with ya'll here.

I remember walking up Lorne st in the CBD and seeing this tiny little shop, literally about 1m frontage with glass and a sign for watch repairs and then sat at his desk was this old guy, completely absorbed in his work; I watched for 5-10 minutes and he never looked out the window and never saw me watching him.
    I went back a few years after and its now a coffee shop, i asked another watchmaker in the CBD around the corner if he knew what happened but he just gave me a vague answer like he retired or something along those lines, never caught his name and cant remember his shop name so obviously any information would be appreciated.

regards
    Isaac

the watchmaker 1.JPG the watchmaker 3.JPG
    gnuyork, jaspert, SpeedTar and 4 others like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Nov 21, 2017

Nice shots!

If he had been smart, he would have bought the property! :D

Dre and isaac.owen.nz like this.
  3. jaspert Nov 21, 2017

Nice shot.

isaac.owen.nz likes this.
  4. Nathan1967 Nov 21, 2017

Great pictures!

5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Nov 21, 2017

Maybe the WM found it hard to do intricate work during earthquakes.

6. isaac.owen.nz Nov 22, 2017

yup, this location would be worth a bomb now!

yea auckland gets quakes, certainly not on the frequency that wellington gets them though.
    Grew up there and left @ 23 and never actually felt a quake in auckland but i get messages now from my parents every couple of months r.e a decent shake that wakes them up in wellington.

7. isaac.owen.nz Nov 22, 2017

Also thanks for the nice comments. Has been a long while since I put any of my photos up online.