Forums Latest Members
  1. phxomega Apr 2, 2014

Okay so I have a Movado which I use as a daily beater. Love it to death but hate the fact it is Quartz. I figure I will live with it. Last year I had the battery replaced for $10 bucks by this small town watchmaker. I rather support small family owned businesses. I noticed that the lugs 3 out of four have what look to be a indentation from what I presume his gripping device. I was watching him from a distance and couldn't really tell what he was doing. You call feel the gouge with your finger nail. It's too late now to really point it out to him... but I need a new battery now and don't know who I should go to and if I should trust him again? It is Stainless Steel and woundering if I can take it somewhere to get it cleaned up. Any advice? I am always looking for good watchmakers and can't seem to find any. I had a few good guys in Phoenix, but moved to Detroit Metro area and can't find anyone I am comfortable with. I know its a Movado and its frowned upon by a lot of people, it was my first watch and I know better now... Thanks guys!

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 3, 2014

If it's gouged, you'll have to take off a lot of metal to get rid of the indentations. For a "daily beater", I'd probably leave it as is, unless you just can't live with it. Oh.. and find another watchmaker, a battery change shouldn't result in damage under any circumstances - sheesh.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 3, 2014

Can you post photos of the damage?

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 3, 2014

Finding the right watchmaker is like finding soulmate......I feel for you, mate.
    Hopefully someone here could advice you on the right one near your location.