Forums Latest Members

Watchfinder Ontario a horrible experience

1. chadpowe11 Apr 12, 2017

Yesterday I got a call from my sister inlaw there is a watch at watchfinder in ontario for sale aka tudor black bay black that my brother really wants. My brother have been in talk for few days with him negotiating down to $3200 CAD. My sister inlaw figured it be a great easter gift and wanted me to snap it up before my brother buys for a surprise on easter. I agreed! I made contact with the store which seemed at that point great, turned out it was the wrong location for the black bay they gave me the number to the other store. The individual that I made contact had to call the owner to confirm price which was no issue due to being listed at $3700 CAD. Was confirmed deal was fine for $3200 CAD + $100 for shipping (I live in Newfoundland, Canada). Confirmed that was perfect. They wanted payment in EMT... thats weird considering they take payment by paypal on there online store. I asked "ok if I pay with EMT will you ship with insurance they said no we do not" weird how a business does not use parcel pro when dealing with high end watches. I told them how about paypal. Answer I got was no sir we do not offer, but I informed there site offers it they said no... this point its getting annoying. I said ok can I pay by visa same answer no sir. Then he said I No deal with you. Was extremely rude and ignorant the hole conversation. This point I hung up.

After a little I figured I would call the other store to see if they can get the watch and maybe they take visa or paypal and get the watch from the other location. Contacted the lady who was great, she informed they can get the watch but dont do paypal (again there site does and its two different sites) But they take visa and as long as I send a email with consent to the payment, that was fine. Then asked about shipping insurance they said yes they have parcel pro. She said I will call you back after she calls the owner of the other store to get the watch at there location. She called back and said no we can't get the watch from other store until you send us a EMT then we will send to other store to be sent over to this location. I said can i pay with visa then you pay the other store, no sir you cannot... This point I told her I will take my business elsewhere and thank you for your time (didnt want to say that but hell im a nice guy).

Anyone have any experience with this dealer? Do you think im the hardone to deal with here by not doing a EMT? I just wanted the protection through visa or paypal.

Cheers
    Chad

Rodmar likes this.
  2. Rodmar Apr 12, 2017

So there site says they take it but won't when you ask to pay that way??? Seems so fishy!

Maybe it's the 3% they don't wanna take a hit on that either aervice charges?

3. chadpowe11 Apr 12, 2017

Seems very fishy. I personally dont get it. Also when I called they wanted $100 shipping but if I do the checkout online its $8... also its the first I ever heard of a business wanting a EMT.