Forums Latest Members
  1. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Oct 21, 2015

hi all

Been umming and ahhing over potential other speedies since my snoopy order went south.

Current interest is;
    Standard black dial 9300 co-ax on black leather
    Grey side
    Moonphase Aventurine

There's a Moonphase Aventurine on Watchfinder for £4250 which seems reasonable given the original £7k+ list and the purported rarity of the piece.

Question is; Aventurine, yay or nay and also, Watchfinder yay or nay?

2. chunkythebulldog Oct 21, 2015

Yes Watchfinder are reputable, I bought a watch from them a couple of years ago. I would call in to view the watch at one of their shops before parting with your cash as they are a bit generous with the condition of the watches. I was buying a watch described as 100% but they forgot to mention a big scratch on the bezel. Also whatever they advertise the watch for you can knock them down by at least 10%.

3. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Oct 21, 2015

Good to know. Have got them sending the Aventurine to one of their shops so will have a proper look.
    Had enquired about this watch before, but it was apparently being sold that day - obviously someone changed their mind......

4. OmegaSean Oct 22, 2015

Watchfinder are a well known dealer but as previously said in other posts by myself they are expensive as they are based in central London. I went to look at a specific watch earlier this year and they tried to sell me several others. I ended up buying one form outside London and bought a brand new one for not very much more. Some of the older watches they sell are outrageously priced. If the watch is £4250 I would start at offering them £3250. Do some homework before you go and remember to tell them you are going to another local shop to view another one for £3500 :):):)
    OmegaSean

5. Cooko14 Oct 30, 2015

Hi I purchased my chrono diver from them. I made an offer on it which they accepted and traded my old Quartz seamaster as well.it was all done very efficiently and I would definitely use them again

6. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Oct 30, 2015

I really wanted to like the Aventurine, but when I tried it on it was just too sparkly for me. Plus my wife damned it by saying it looks like a child's watch

Nobel Prize likes this.
  7. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Oct 30, 2015

I had a good experience with Watchfinder this summer. Traded my 1996 reduced-type Speedmaster for a nearly new 3570.50. Pricing and description good and as I live in Kent I was able to go and see the watch and do the deal at their Maidstone office. I had a friendly reception there and a pleasant negotiation. I do think that with pre-owned watches it is always advisable to see the thing physically as written descriptions and photographs will rarely be able to portray condition completely accurately.

8. Scepticalist Oct 30, 2015

As above, Always pleasant but not the cheapest unless you haggle. Their prices can be on the low side if you just want to sell to them.

9. Dombo63 Oct 30, 2015

As others have said, quite expensive due to their location, Royal Exchange next door to Omega boutique. That is an added problem in that if you want to see any Omegas they do not keep them on display in order to maintain good relations with their neighbours, and have to get them in specially to view. As an example of pricing, my new Speedmaster in huge box with all extras from iconic was cheaper than pre-owned 3570.50.