Forums Latest Members

Watches & Pencils #45 – Speedy Delivery Of The Caliber 321

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jan 29, 2019

[​IMG]
    In the presence of a small part of the #SpeedyTuesday community, Omega’s CEO Raynald Aeschlimann announced the return of the historical chronograph caliber 321 movement. A dream come true for many Speedmaster enthusiasts, as this is the movement many of them are after when searching for that grail Speedmaster. Caliber 321 It broke all loose […]

Visit Watches & Pencils #45 – Speedy Delivery Of The Caliber 321 to read the full article.

Dial & Bezel, davy26, Bushido and 5 others like this.
  2. lustrousaurus Jan 29, 2019

I always like Watches and Pencils artwork! Very cool designs!

Also, you heard it there, expect the first new 321 watch will be precious metal with solid case back.

3. Bushido Jan 30, 2019

Teun's artwork is always a lot of fun! I enjoy it enough to have purchased a large print from him and enjoy looking at it every day hanging in my office.

This quote from the article is troubling me:

"we’ve been told that the first watches with the new caliber 321 are probably going to be in precious metal and without exhibition caseback"

If this turns out to be true, I think that would be a colossal mistake on Omega's part. Going to the effort, not to mention publicity, of remaking this movement but then hide it behind a solid case back? I'm struggling to see this happening.