Forums Latest Members
  1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 2, 2013

I usually do not sell watches but it happens. And I almost always regret it after a while. These are some that I miss more than others.

A little project I found joy in completing and I am still convinced Omega should have built it from the beginning:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Breitling Long Playing mod 815 - rebranded as AB Kronometer, Stockholm for the Swedish telephone company "Televerket":

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Why I sold this one - I really do not know. I do know it was a mistake - Heuer Carrera cal 11

[​IMG]

I have also sold some others but that was because of having more than one of the same model - and therefore they are not missed as much.

x3no and Alpenschneerot like this.
  2. alam Jul 2, 2013

Now, this is a blue I would have hold on to! What made you let this one go? What are the details of the "project" part of it?

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 2, 2013

Details of "project":
    Combining a "Bond" ref 2531 blue bezel with a so called "electric blue" dial and hands (ref 2255) - thus getting a watch made of genuine Omega parts but never made by Omega. I always thought they ought to have made it - as I think it is beautiful. When they never did - I did it.
    An old 2531 Bond was bought and then I had my watchmaker order the 2255 dial, hands and a new 2531 bezel - as the original was too faded.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A service later and some case work by myself it turned out like this;

[​IMG]

And I miss it.

pascs and alam like this.
  4. alam Jul 2, 2013

if this is by definition a franken, then it's a beautiful one! ;)

5. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2013

The first Centenary I owned was traded, but I missed it so much I bought a replacement in better shape.

Replacement:
    [​IMG]

First one:
    [​IMG]

Sold an Elgin that I missed so much I replaced it with 2 Walthams.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a mistake to sell the Benrus pointer date, so I rebought that too and found a NOS dial for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some others that I do miss occasionally, but have replaced them with either better watches or ones that fit more with my collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are quite a few vintage Omegas that could go in this category.

I'd like to get the Yacht Club version of this exact watch.

[​IMG]

..... and somebody around here has this, but has made it expendable by getting a version of it he likes better.

[​IMG]

I might rebuy this in rose/pink gold one day.

[​IMG]

The above BP Villeret replaced this Tiffany's Mark Coupe.

[​IMG]

That slot has been filled by the AP caliber 2120.

And this was the coolest ugly watch I ever owned.

[​IMG]

I've come to the conclusion that a normal person can only wear so many watches. That leaves the question of whether I want to be normal or not. :p

citizenrich and MMMD like this.
  6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 2, 2013

The tragedy of this one is that you did not sell it to ME!::love::

x3no and ulackfocus like this.
  7. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2013

I owned a gold filled 815. Scott D owns it now but rarely wears it. Shoot him a PM on WTF and see if he's interested in parting with it. Mine still had the original sticker on the back.

8. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 2, 2013

Funny, but the GF Breitlings - Top Times, Long Playings, etc - never really did it for me. Besides, it's the Kronometer Stockholm branding that really makes this watch for me - adds a sense of place and history to the piece.

9. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 2, 2013

The Kronometer Stockholm is in Tokyo with my Swedish watch buddy over there but I will tell him that you might be interested if he want to sell it in the future.

10. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jul 2, 2013

Oh yes, I am!

11. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 2, 2013

Seeing this one makes me wonder what you mean by "better watches"...? Please tell me how it can be better than that one!

12. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2013

Condition wise, it can't. However, I'm after all the in-house Longines calibers and that has a caliber 380 which is based on a Cyma 480. NFW and a NFC too, but here's the in-house caliber 341 replacement, made for one year in 1961:

[​IMG]