Forums Latest Members

Watches From The Year : 1981

1. kov Trüffelschwein. May 26, 2021

We all have some sort of interest and/or personal link to a specific year. Might be your birth year, the year you got engaged/married, got a child, or the year where happened an event that is somehow special to you.

Besides your special event, there is no doubt that lots of different watches were produced that year.

I often see people asking for help to :

- find a specific watch model from a specific year
    - assess the variety of watches produced on a specific year

The purpose of this thread is to log photographs and details of different watches from the year 1981 owned by members of the OF Community.

Rules for posting

- watches from all brands are allowed, as long as they are from the year 1981
    - if you don't have any evidence to claim the year (extract from archives or sales papers), please do mention #estimated
    - if you own evidences to claim the year, please do mention #confirmed and please elaborate on evidences available (extract from archives or sales papers) posting evidences is not mandatory
    - it is obvious that a watch can be produced on a specific date confirmed by an extract from archives, or sold on a specific date confirmed by sales papers. To simplify, both are admitted here, please do elaborate on your references
    - commenting is obviously allowed and encouraged, OF etiquette highly recommended

Let's make of this thread an EPIC collection of watches produced or sold in 1981 !

Edited May 26, 2021
  2. Dan S May 26, 2021

I think this thread is a duplicate, Alexis.

kov likes this.
  3. kov Trüffelschwein. May 26, 2021

Thanks Dan. Edited : we now move into the eighties ;)

4. Alex Cheers May 26, 2021

Dibs in advance.. :whistling::D

iamvr and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  5. iamvr May 27, 2021

I'm thrilled to see what comes up as it's my birth year :).

6. flqt-9000 Feb 18, 2022

I don’t think this one was produced in ‘81, surely it has remained on the shelf for a long time!

D328A7A1-7A7E-4E69-9539-D5219889E3E3.jpeg

Alex Cheers and Zapatta like this.