Forums Latest Members
  1. micampe May 28, 2015

What do people think of this? https://www.elevenjames.com

I can't really justify owning it but I've often thought it would be nice to be able to rent a Nautilus for a while without having to put down the investment and then reselling it. This is not really that though.

Edited by a mod May 28, 2015
  2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 28, 2015

It's like buying a new Rolex. You pay the AD a high price "because it's a Rolex". Five years later you get it serviced by Rolex and they replace loads of parts, charge you for the parts and keep the old parts (I wonder how many eBay accounts they create each year) Five years later....... repeat ad nauseam.

$1,800 pa would more than cover your Nautilus purchase over a five year period.

Edited May 28, 2015
  3. nicolas07 May 28, 2015

Interesting concept...
    I discussed this with friends several times but each time we ended saying that watches are so personal things that it seems difficult (to me at least) to foresee a rental concept.
    I admit we can say same thing for cars... But prices and need for storage places etc are not the same order

4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 28, 2015

Looks like Patek, VC, A Lange would be $1099 a month and 3 watches per year, 4 months each.

They have a $149 and $329 monthly plans.

There are some really cool JLCs in their collection, so for $329 a month I could see myself considering this option for 6-9 months. Buying three of these JLC used would set me back $25k.

Just thinking if I would "rent" my 3 speedmasters. No chance, not ever.

Most of the Omega watches are in the $149 mo plan. But looks like you could get a PO, GS and Skyfall for $1499 after 10 months.