Forums Latest Members

Watches.co.uk // Swiss Watch Company

1. Impgreene Jan 18, 2020

I am considering buying the following Rolex: https://www.watches.co.uk/Rolex-Vintage-Air-King/RO-21473S, but I am a little (well, very) wary of purchasing anything online as I know nothing about vintage watches (only that I would like a smart looking vintage watch).

Would anyone have words of praise or warning for Watches.co.uk // Swiss Watch Company?

Thank you for any help you can give.

2. Hoddspur Jan 18, 2020

They're based in Chiswick if I’m not mistaken? I haven’t ever bought anything from them but have made a few enquiries over the past few years. Tim has always been very helpful, responding to my emails quickly and politely without being too pushy. Suppose you don’t hang around in this game for that amount of time unless you’re reliable and honest? I would recommend based on my (limited) experience of dealing with them - some of their prices don’t seem too bad either!

Impgreene likes this.
  3. speedydownunder Jan 18, 2020

I have purchased from them. All good.

Impgreene likes this.
  4. Impgreene Jan 18, 2020

Thank you, very helpful and much appreciated.

5. Impgreene Jan 18, 2020

Thank you as well 'speedydownunder', much appreciated.

6. Jonathan40 Jan 18, 2020

Bought my Sea dweller from them a few years ago and have commission sold with them in the past. Great to deal with most of the team have been there years.

Impgreene likes this.
  7. Impgreene Jan 18, 2020

Thanks 'Jonathan40', very helpful.

8. Impgreene Jan 18, 2020

Bit of a Newbie question (might as well be honest hey!), but the watch I am mainly interested in (as below), is priced at £2,850 - assuming I got no discount, bought it and then had to sell it for some reason (who knows in this job market!), what would be the rough 'hit' I would take.

Being new to vintage watches I just want to get an idea of what % hit you would take if you had to liquidate a watch you bought from a dealer relatively quickly.

Also, I'm guessing the watch is too 'clean' for a proper collector (i.e. it's had some work done to it)?

Thanks again for all your help.

Rolex.png