Forums Latest Members

Watchco SM300 bezel question

1. blubarb Sep 28, 2016

I wasn't sure if this question should be asked in the vintage Omega or new Omega forums, so this seems the safest option. ;)

I believe that many of the early Watchco builds had a service bezel issue in that pip did not line up with the 12 hour marker, usually one click off. Mine is certainly in this camp. I am not sure if the bezel can be repaired or it's even worth doing so, but can anyone tell me the cause or point me in the direction of where I might get some info - thank you in advance.

ps. couldn't find any threads using the search

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 28, 2016

Well, if it was one click out, that would be a pretty easy fix! ;)

Most I've seen are about 1/2 a click. Mine is out by that much, and if I turn it to line up, it will stay there actually...

I saw a thread a while back with a "fix" that involved filing the teeth off the back, so not really a fix. The way to fix it would be just like any other misaligned bezel insert - remove the insert, and install it back lined up properly. But these are not easily removable without damage I suspect, so that leaves you with 2 options:

1 - Live with it
    2 - Buy a new bezel

Cheers, Al

blubarb likes this.
  3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Sep 28, 2016

Exactly what I did with mine.

4. sydneywatchguy Sep 28, 2016

The easy fix is to sell it and buy one that aligns properly.

blubarb likes this.
  5. blubarb Sep 28, 2016

Lol. Of course, well played, Al, ½ a click it is then. :) I'll live with it as is. :thumbsup:

Edited Sep 28, 2016