Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Seamaster SHOM Watchco 166.0177 Calibre 1012

1. khanmu Sep 25, 2018

Are you a dashing adventurer, the wind in your hair and the music of the sea in your ears? If not, do you want to be, or at least have people think you are? If so, then this is the watch for you!

For sale is my Omega SHOM divers watch. For those of you not familiar with these, it is a beautiful, solidly constructed, heavy (almost brutally so) watch - you could I think, punch a shark with it. There is a lot of information about these and the history out there, so I won't repeat it, but let me know if you want some.

It was in a lot of 3 watches that I purchased earlier this year, and whilst I would love to keep it, lack of space and funds mean I have to let it go. It is a WatchCo version, and was fully serviced by Omega earlier this year and comes with a 2 year warranty (I still however won't guarantee it for actual diving only the desktop kind!). Photos below, as it was recently serviced I haven't opened it up to take a movement photo, but willing to consider it if you are serious.

The stainless steel case, dial, crown hands, casebook are in excellent condition. It comes on a brand new high quality aftermarket mesh and also with a brand new tropic style rubber dive strap. The movement is an Omega caliber 1012 with a 35 million serial number which I think dates it to circa 1972. In addition to the warranty papers/card, it also comes with the Omega service travel case, and I'll post it in a nice wooden watch box.

As far as I can see, these seem to be selling for around £3k, which seems crazy to me. I am asking £2000 (approx. E2250/$2600), and will consider near offers. The price includes shipping - for UK sales, it will be sent insured, Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day, for Europe and ROW via UPS fully tracked and insured, although you will be responsible for any customs/import charges. For any potential US buyers, I will be in the US from the 2nd-6th October, in NY and Charlotte, so could bring it with me and post locally, as I have done before for others. Payment via Bank transfer, or Paypal FF, for "normal" Paypal please add 4%. Returns accepted if you don't like it, let me know within 1 week of you receiving it, return shipping at your cost.

If required, I have some references as a buyer and seller on OF, and am happy to provide these.

Thank you!

IMG_2191.JPG IMG_2192.JPG IMG_2193.JPG IMG_2194.JPG IMG_2195.JPG IMG_2196.JPG IMG_2197.JPG IMG_2198.JPG

Edited Oct 3, 2018
    Edward53, Lonestar, Ricbo2010 and 8 others like this.
  2. khanmu Sep 27, 2018

Bump...

3. khanmu Oct 1, 2018

Bump and reduction to £2k

4. ketiljo Oct 2, 2018

Lovely watch, I have one myself. GLWTS!

Just a note, the case is stainless steel, not aluminium.

5. khanmu Oct 3, 2018

Thank you! I had thought it was a bit heavy for alumnium :) I’ve updated the listing!