Forums Latest Members
  1. seamonster Respectable Member Mar 7, 2014

vvvvv.JPG
  2. ulackfocus Mar 7, 2014

I think I nearly sh::censored:: my pants! I didn't expect it to be even HALF that.

What makes you say it's from WatchCo?

3. seamonster Respectable Member Mar 7, 2014

Respectable Member ulackfocus

The dial says 'SWISS MADE' instead of '-T SWISS MADE T-' and the seller did not mention it has a serviced dial. The bezel is flawless. If it is a genuine Swiss assembled piece then its condition is impeccable, for a SM diver watch.

Thank you.

4. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Mar 7, 2014

The dials have been offered not long ago by Watchco and another seller from Australia so it would not surprise me if this was a watchco type assembly. Nothing wrong with that, IMO, as long as it is disclosed. Regardless price is more than double what these usually sell for.

5. seamonster Respectable Member Mar 7, 2014

Respectable member Joe K

When one seller has started asking such a high price others may follow but the question is, where is the buyer?

Thank you.

6. rolexfantastic Mar 9, 2014

The watch in question has at least new/modern - after 1995 - parts (dial, hands, crown, bracelet) but the case is NOS, HF.

7. seamonster Respectable Member Mar 9, 2014

Respectable Member rolexfantastic

Big possibility it is not the original Swiss assembled SM 120. If it is one and it comes in that top condition, probably his price expectation of above $4 000.00 may find a buyer.

Thank you.

8. rolexfantastic Mar 10, 2014

Can't say if that movement came with a SM 120 case at origin, but the case is NOS HF and that only would worth over $1000.
    The bracelet is not correct to the watch.
    Worth mentioning it is a blue version, which is rare.
    But originals are cheaper then the one in question.

9. seamonster Respectable Member Mar 10, 2014

Respectable Member rolexfantastic

I think this watch is a 'pizza' and if the seller can get a third of what he is expecting, he is lucky.

I know Watchco sell parts that can be used to fully assemble the SM 120 and SM 300.

Do Watchco also sell all the parts for vintage Rolex, Longines and Blancpain diver watches?

Thank you.