Forums Latest Members

SOLD Watchco Omega Seamaster 200 SHOM Diver ref. 166.0177

1. tomvox1 Nov 18, 2014

Selling part of a friend's collection with my 100% backing. I am in possession of the watch and will handle the shipping; payment will go directly to him.
    OmegaSHOM2-lng_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-6_edited-1.jpg
    Up for sale is the second of two of my consignor's cult classic Omega reference 166.0177 Seamaster 200m SHOM divers in overall Near Mint+ condition. This one comes on a valuable and full size genuine Omega shark mesh bracelet with extension link. Originally debuted in the 1970s and created by Omega for the France's Service Hydrographique et Ocenagraphique de la Marine agency (hence the acronym "SHOM"), this version of the iconic diver was assembled by Watchco Australia out of new old stock parts and original cal. 1012 automatic movements. Owning one of these is essentially like going back in time and buying one new. These Watchco SHOMs are getting thin on the ground and with its rugged and unique octagonal case design and the upgraded Ploprof-style hands this classic Omega 70s Seamaster design makes an unmistakable statement on the wrist.

The asking price for this great Omega Seamaster SHOM on genuine mesh bracelet is $2350 USD OBRO, including fully insured FedEx shipping worldwide. If for some reason you don't want the mesh bracelet you will receive an appropriate discount. Bank Wire preferred but Paypal is OK on this transaction with +2% to the buyer. Payment must be made directly to my consignor in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.
    OmegaSHOM2-3_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-2_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-7_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-1_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-bk_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-move_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-innrbk_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-crwn_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-sd_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-bkl_edited-1.jpg OmegaSHOM2-4_edited-1.jpg
    CASE & CASEBACK: Large, angular and distinctive octagonal case measures 43mm wide (including crown guards) x 49mm long x 13mm tall. Being originally new old stock and then worn sparingly it is quite clean and unpolished with all edges and bevels sharp and the original satin finish present. There are barely any marks and it is Near Mint+. The outer caseback also has barely any marks with the Seamaster symbol and "Tested 200M" text crisp as when new--externally likewise Near Mint+ cosmetic condition. The inner caseback has no corrosion and shows all the correct original Omega nomenclature of the period, including the proper reference number for this case shape of Seamaster 200.

DIAL & HANDS: Mint matte black dial with framed date at "3" and brightly glowing Luminova lume bars. Dial text and hash marks are all crisp. The big orange Ploprof minute hand and white hour and sweep seconds hands are also Luminova filled and Mint. This is a great looking modern incarnation of this dial & handset that glows brightly and is fully functional in low light.

CROWN: Easy to grip correct signed Omega screw-down crown is Mint. The crown screws down tightly to the case and pulls out to the winding, quickset date and hacking time-setting positions as it should.

CRYSTAL: Flat mineral crystal is perfectly clear and sits correctly just below the bezel. It is Mint without any marks whatsoever.

BEZEL: Thick ratcheting bidirectional rotating elapsed time bezel is tight and clean with sharp, well defined knurling, Mint condition. The black & silver metal inlay shows no marks, likewise Mint condition, and it retains its luminous Luminova pip within the triangle at "12".

MOVEMENT: Full rotor automatic Omega caliber 1012 23-jewel movement with a 35 million serial number originally dating it to circa 1972. Although its service history is unknown and it has not been tested for accuracy this watch is keeping good time with proper quickset date and hacking function. It is guaranteed to be working properly at the time of shipping.

STRAP: This great Watchco SHOM comes on a modern Omega ref. 1247/237 heavy mesh bracelet with spring-loaded "seat belt"-type clasp and genuine Omega extension link in Near Mint condition (it still has its factory plastic covering the mesh portion). It fits my 7.25-7.5" wrist very comfortably at the second to last adjustment so I would guess that it might accommodate up to a 7.75" wrist. These genuine Omega mesh bracelets are great added value to any vintage diver. This watch has a 22mm lug width.

As a matter of policy I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form. Have it tested if you want to use it as a diver or for any other aquatic activities--it'll probably pass!

This great Vintage Omega Seamaster 200 SHOM is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
    T.
    [email protected]

Edited Nov 21, 2014