Forums Latest Members
  1. Papi Feb 21, 2012

I'm the original owner of this Seamaster Cosmic ST 166.036-Tool 107, Movement # 27620570, purchased in 1969. I even have the original guarantee booklet that came with it. :)

It survived 2 tours in Vietnam until the original watchband was severally damaged and I picked up this Omega replacement band a few months later. It wasn't the original, but it worked. I continued to wear it until the digital age finally grabbed my attention.

I have considered selling the watch since I no longer wear it, but I have no idea what it would be worth. Never the less, I would like to restore the band to the original style. However, I'm not certain what model of watchband originally came with it or remember what it looked like. I would greatly appreciate any input on the original band that came with this watch - including model number and an image.

Thanks much.

Omega Watch.jpg

2. ulackfocus Feb 21, 2012

Hi Papi. Bracelets were still a dealer option back then, so there are a number of possibilities. I'll see if I can dig up a few images for you later tonight or tomorrow. I can tell you this: it will not be worth buying the bracelet because it won't increase the value of the watch enough to cover the cost, especially since you have another Omega bracelet already on it. That watch has a 752 automatic inside - a very nice movement. The fact that you have the original booklet will add a few bucks to the value too. These sell for anywhere from $300 - $350 under normal circumstances in similar condition, but the fact that you are the original owner with the manual adds to that.

By the way, I picked up a gold plated version of that same watch a while back as a project/restoration. Those C-case watches are cool.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 21, 2012

This is one of those things where the history greatly outweighs the monetary value, if you had any sons or nephews that would be interested might want to consider passing it on, as this is something a kid could wear his whole life.

4. ulackfocus Feb 21, 2012

If you Google "Seamaster Cosmic 2000 image" you'll see quite a few different options.

5. Papi Feb 25, 2012

Sorry for the delay. . . .greatly appreciate the response and input. I was not aware the jewelers had the option to put on their bracelet of choice. Unfortunately none of the family members have any interest in owning it, so I'll just keep it or sell as configured. Thanks again.

6. nsmike Feb 25, 2012

I just bought a Tissot with the same bracelet, which will be much less expensive, if you find one marked Tissot. I'm about to make my first Omega purchase but I'm waiting for a local watch show in April. If I don't find the perfect watch there, I might be interested, at this point, a day/date is 3rd or 4th on the list. First choice is a Seamaster 552 or maybe a 550.

7. nsmike Feb 25, 2012

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2012

Is it 19mm though?