Forums Latest Members
  1. NS120780 Oct 26, 2018

Just wanted to ask if people on the forum use watch winders and what general thoughts are Around them. Wolf winders are so expensive are there other brands members have used and liked that are more economical?

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 26, 2018

Search the forums. 2 threads in the past few weeks and one large one.

3. Dan S Oct 26, 2018

Based on my own experience, I think there is a sweet spot for a watchwinder if you rotate between 2-4 automatic watches, especially if they are non-quickset date watches. If you have 10 or 20 or more, and you wear each watch relatively infrequently, it doesn't make sense to have every watch running 24/7.

Foo2rama and Pun like this.
  4. tzachi Oct 30, 2018

watchmakers consensus (80-20) about using winders is that you s'd avoid them as its better to re adjust then to have in constantly running ,

If a watch you use on a rotation has complication, use one to keep it running,
    if you rotate 2-4 watches, use as to have it adjusted (if has date)

just for occasional wear, better re adjust the watch.

in any event, use a proper winder that works in both directions, and has timer function just to give the min required charhing to keep the watch running.

5. Khamenman Oct 30, 2018

The most complicated watch I own is only a GMT. Besides, I don't have that many watches anyway, so no need for watch winder.